Re: BF5 not launching

by XTRA-Larsiano

Original Post

BF5 not launching

★★★ Apprentice

Battlefield 5 won't launch from Origin.  If I clear the Origin cache, it works for a few days and then I have the same issue again.  Other Origin games launch and play without problems.

When I click "play", the "play" button becomes grayed out and nothing happens.  In task manager, I can watch and see that the BF5 process is not started.

My hardware:

Win 10 Pro

9900K, not overclocked

16 GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 1080ti, drivers are up to date.

I've been playing BF5 on and off since launch without any trouble.  I came back to play after a few months off, and suddenly this problem appeared.

Message 1 of 6 (596 Views)

Champion (Retired)

it could be a couple of things that might cause this problem:

OriginRepair2.png

first:

-Update the Nvidia drivers

one: 

use the above (orange) start icon to start the game after choosing repair and after restarting the computer once that has completed.

two:

disable virus scanner(s) and background applications

three:

How to set a factory overclocked graphics card to Nvidia reference clock speeds

Good Luck!

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (571 Views)

★★ Pro
@AF_Heisenberg I had a similar issues a couple months before. The game would start correctly and repairing, reinstalling and other things didn´t help. However, starting the game from the dropdown menu instead of using the big orange play button did work for me. After a couple weeks the problem disappeared.
Message 3 of 6 (560 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@XTRA-Larsiano Thanks for those tips. I've already tried all the relevant ones. I don't have a virus scanner or background applications.
Message 4 of 6 (555 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@N4v1s Thanks for responding. I'll certainly give that a try. That's a shockingly stupid problem with the Origin client if the orange "play" button is the culprit!
Message 5 of 6 (554 Views)

★★ Pro
@AF_Heisenberg Well if it works for you as well, that would be great. That has been a really stupid issue and I still don´t know what caused it in the first place and what solved it again.
One more idea just came to my mind. I recently read in a different forum, that someone had a similar issue and they traced it back to the windows user profile. They made a new administrator account and deleted the old one. Reinstalling the game in that new account solved the issue for them. That again is a really annoying thing to try, but if nothing else works for you, it might be worth considering.
Message 6 of 6 (535 Views)