BF5 Weapon Texture are flickering from low to high resolution.

by Philborg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF5 Weapon Texture are flickering from low to high resolution.

★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number ROG STRIX RTX 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Every Server
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Everytime
Summarize your bug When you are in fights where many things are happening, the weapon changes resolution (I think). So the weapon will flicker from low to high resolution. P.S. When I tried to post this bug in german, I couldnt select Article and Platform. The drop menu didnt had anything in it.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go in a fight where something is going on.
What happens when the bug occurs? The weapon texture gonna flicker or change its resolution while aiming
What should be happening instead? Weapon should not change resolution.

The video should say enough. I have this bug since month.

Message 1 of 6 (2,662 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF5 Weapon Texture are flickering from low to high resolution.

★★★★ Novice
@Adrienisback
I might found the solution. It was DX12 with Raytracing disabled all along. Turn it back to DX11 and your good to go. I stumbled upon it on a reddit thread. Im a bit sad that this is the solution because I've got better performance in DX12 (weird I know).
For the render distance, its the game itself so there is nothing you can do about it.
If you mean really weird distance, post a screenshot please.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,481 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I've noticed that its much more than the gun textures. Gras, trees piles of hay have that bug too everytime I aim. Even when I look down on my character some edges "flicker" too.

I already reset my Nvidia Option so there is nothing more I could do for now. I would appreciate some help from you EA :/

Message 2 of 6 (2,614 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, 

I have the same problem. I don't know what to do. I 've tried many tricks to improve that, nothing works. 

I have pretty bad render distance in game, it' s a nightmare on certain map like devastation.. 

I hope it's not a gpu problem.  I'm on a lenovo y540 i79750h rtx2060m, 2x8go 2400htz,ssd. 

I up this sub, please if you have a clue answer this, you'd be an hero ! 

Message 3 of 6 (2,497 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Adrienisback
I might found the solution. It was DX12 with Raytracing disabled all along. Turn it back to DX11 and your good to go. I stumbled upon it on a reddit thread. Im a bit sad that this is the solution because I've got better performance in DX12 (weird I know).
For the render distance, its the game itself so there is nothing you can do about it.
If you mean really weird distance, post a screenshot please.
Message 4 of 6 (2,482 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank u for your response! So i have reinstalled BF5 on my HDD (it was on my ssd previously) and some texture bug have disappeared (flieckering.. weird?). BUT i have a problem again on devastation, i can go through wall texture... Do you have a solution?

Message 5 of 6 (2,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same i got lot of Reflection Pixelated and texture blurring plss fix battlefield 5 

Message 6 of 6 (2,016 Views)