Re: BF5 Patch, unavailable nvidia driver version, can't play game currently

by Anonymous

Original Post

★★ Novice

@Carbonic

Sure, EA does not write graphic cards drivers. But before they decide what the minimum driver version is, they could check if that driver version is also widely available...

I've also sent a feedback to Nvidia, but in my opinion it's the game programmer who should make sure that the game can be played on brand new computers/laptops.

Message 11 of 14 (601 Views)

Hero

@DER_REIBER wrote:

@Carbonic

Sure, EA does not write graphic cards drivers. But before they decide what the minimum driver version is, they could check if that driver version is also widely available...

I've also sent a feedback to Nvidia, but in my opinion it's the game programmer who should make sure that the game can be played on brand new computers/laptops.

The driver is widely available. It's available for all cards that are at or above the minimum system requirements. The number of people out there with Quadro cards that actually want to game on those machines is probably incredibly low.

The "game programmer", in this case DICE, has made sure the game can be played on brand new regular consumer computers/laptops, the problem is that Quadro cards are not for regular consumers, it's for professional workstations and enterprise solutions.

You will notice that the AMD workstation graphics cards work the same way - the Radeon™ Pro WX Series Graphics also are on a completely different driver release schedule.

carbonic signature

Message 12 of 14 (592 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Not sure you read my post right.. but yes what you said is what I said but in fewer words.

😉

Message 13 of 14 (549 Views)

Anonymous

You have to rename the nvapi like they said. Just let the game load and den rename the file back. Fps should be back up. Works for my p2000. But yes. I hate it from each/Nvidia that they want to force you using latest game ready drivers which they certainly do not release for all cards .This sucks and should not be the case. Shame on you ea. Also no specifications is telling you anything about that .

Message 14 of 14 (518 Views)