Re: BF5 Main Menu Icons not showing

by LSKone

Original Post

BF5 Main Menu Icons not showing

★ Apprentice

So, I have a problem since a couple of weeks. The Main Menu is not showing any Icons and/or graphics.
It looks exactly like this.

It seems to be a known thing. If you look at the "old" Thread I linked, there' a dude who posted there on the 24th March (couple weeks back) so I assume it must be Server-sided since I am not the only one having this problem.
All I can say it was fine a couple weeks back.

BUT I think it might have to do with that new EA Desktop App. I was (!) using EA Play on Steam, then I cancelled it because it got part of gamepass, and then I got the EA Desktop App from gamepass, and just continued playing from there (no reinstalls were necessary). I think this is were the problems begun.

I already tried this:
- Uninstalling the Steam Version and then installing the EA Desktop Version;

- Deleting Battlefield V Folder in Documents;

Nothing worked thus far.

Please advise, thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (2,147 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @LSKone

Thanks for the details!

Can we try a few things to see if we can fix this here? First, can you try clearing the cache for the EA Desktop client to see if that helps? For more information on how to clear it check out the EA Help website

Please let me know if you're still seeing the same issues with BFV afterward. Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 9 (2,093 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi,

so the guide you sent me must be incorrect.
It tells you to delete ALL the files and folders inside the EA Desktop folder, which basically just deletes the whole App (not just the cache).
(Also, it wants you to delete a folder called EALauncher in Appdata - there is no such folder.)

Now, my gamepass app throws numerous errors at me, I assume because of the missing EA Desktop client.

So, I can't log back into EA desktop, it's not there anymore.

It made the problem even worse. I can not reinstall the client, because when I start the installer it says that the app is installed, but I just deleted it.

So yeah, I restored the EA Desktop folder from Program Files. The stuff in Appdata stays deleted.

Everything works again, but the problem is still there. It didn't fix anything.

Let's try something else Wink

Message 3 of 9 (2,055 Views)

Community Manager

@LSKone 

Thanks for giving it a shot. 

When you have the chance can you report this over at the Bug Reports & Technical Issues board for the EA Desktop client? We're using that board to collect more information on issues with the client, so that would be the best place to track this for investigation. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 9 (2,029 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sure thing, I even found someone having the exact same problem over there, so I'll just add a comment to that problem instead -> BF1 Menus Black on Desktop App, Can't use origin for Game Pass' EA Play - Answer HQ

Message 5 of 9 (1,979 Views)

Could this be similar to other end of round visual bugs?

Can you try refreshing your DirectX cache and see if anything changes?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 6 of 9 (1,974 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey, that did not help.

Message 7 of 9 (1,898 Views)

Hero (Retired)

For the menu icons bug, please do the following:

Go to My Documents>>Battlefield V and delete Twinkle folder from this directory. This should help.

Message 8 of 9 (1,849 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, as I've already written in my original post, I already did that (multiple times).

Sadly, it did not help.

Message 9 of 9 (1,835 Views)