BF5 Low FPS Comparing to BF1

by parliamert

Original Post

BF5 Low FPS Comparing to BF1

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone.

I have both BF1 and BF5 installed in my computer right now. With similar video options, while I'm getting 80-90 FPS in BF1, i only get 35-40 FPS in BF5. Tried nearly everything, but I'm open to suggestions.

CPU: i7 - 4710MQ

GPU: Radeon M290X

RAM: 16 GB 1600 MHz

Message 1 of 4 (875 Views)

Re: BF5 Low FPS Comparing to BF1

★ Novice

Make sure your graphics card has all the latest patches. I have an NVIDIA card, and it has received multiple patches that gave performance increases to BFV.

Message 2 of 4 (835 Views)

★★ Novice

The reason behind this issue may be because Battlefield V uses an updated version of the frostbite engine and this engine is pretty unstable at the moment not only for this game but for all new frostbite related games you may have to play around with your graphics settings until the engine is stable there isn't really a good way to fix this except lowering your graphics I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4 (805 Views)

@parliamert wrote:

Hello everyone.

I have both BF1 and BF5 installed in my computer right now. With similar video options, while I'm getting 80-90 FPS in BF1, i only get 35-40 FPS in BF5. Tried nearly everything, but I'm open to suggestions.

CPU: i7 - 4710MQ

GPU: Radeon M290X

RAM: 16 GB 1600 MHz

@parliamert are you using DX11 or DX12? Do you have future frame rendering enabled? Which video settings are you using?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 4 (799 Views)