AA guns to op

by masterchris889

Original Post

AA guns to op

★★★ Novice

AA guns too op I can't get a kill in a plane all my plane all rank 0 need them rank up hard to do if get shot by AA

Message 1 of 26 (2,574 Views)

Rif.: AA guns to op

★★★★ Apprentice
@masterchris889 I have the same (bad) experience as you, I am never able to get a single kill on the plane because the spam of enemy AA’s. The only thing I could suggest you, is to play with friends as a team and ask your friends to put down enemy AA’s or just help you in the sky with another plane.
In my opinion, in general, conquest is not fully enjoyable if played alone :D
Message 2 of 26 (2,559 Views)

Re: AA guns to op

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hey @masterchris889 I initially didn't enjoy the changes to AA but they were arguably under-powered originally. Now I actually find attacking them quite fun. 

Best advice I can give you off the top of my head would be:

- Learn where the AA guns are on maps as much as possible. When they're in use the icon disappears so you have advance warning. Some AA guns are towable so can still surprise you, but it's great for static ones.
- Keep an eye on the skies. If you see AA clouds in the distance then you know you might be in trouble soon.
- Take evasive action. You're probably not going to win a head-on fight with AA (sometimes you do) so if you start taking hits, dive and break line of sight.
- Be smart when attacking AA. The angles AA users have are sometimes a bit limited. Use it to your advantage and try hitting them from a blind spot.
- Use other pilots as bait and kill the enemy using the AA gun while they're distracted.
- Take the perks that reduces explosive damage when you can.
- Planes with rockets have a bit more advantage when attacking AA right now (when you get the hang of their range etc you can almost fire and forget). I mention this as you may have an easier time levelling these planes up. No guarantee of course.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator
Message 3 of 26 (2,536 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@masterchris889 Although you say AA guns are too op, on the other side of the argument, the same could be said about planes. I think that you need to get more time in-game with planes, keep trying to learn how to evade enemies and their AA and eventually you will. There are many people who play with one weapon or vehicle and seem to master it. Planes are a perfect example, and to be honest, AA's are too. Most people I see on AA generally cannot hit anything, but there are good AA players who know where to aim and get hits on enemies. Keep working at it and good luck!
Message 4 of 26 (2,534 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also feel like AA is overpowered sometimes, but this is because Battlefield designs the game to be as realistic to the actual wars as possible.(One of the great things about Battlefield)

Also, if AA guns were weaker, there would be no point in having them because they would never even be able to actually kill planes.(which is their job)

Message 5 of 26 (2,445 Views)

★★ Pro
@Das_KinderLumper I agree, AA is not overpowered at all. Skills pilots can destroy the AA guns, without even getting into the AA range. The ground rockets for example are super precise and can easily kill the AA in a single run.
For weaker pilots (like me) the AA is hard to fight against, but it´s all just the factor of learning how to fly in BF.
Message 6 of 26 (2,421 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed. I also would say that the current strength of AA guns is required to keep an average to good pilot in check (and there is lots of those pilots around)

The problem is: At the time these pilots rose from "newbie" to "good", planes were way overpowered. It was quite easy to "train" in live game and get XP und plane updrades, because ground was almost defenseless, AA was weak.

Dice has fixed that in the meantime, but in the result it now is difficult/frustrating to level up your planes. 

Message 7 of 26 (2,362 Views)

Hero

So, just give all player all the upgrades for planes for free? :D

carbonic signature

Message 8 of 26 (2,332 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@masterchris889 Iv just picked a plane that has 250kg bombs and drop them on infantry as mich as i can to rank up
Message 9 of 26 (2,294 Views)

★★ Pro
@Carbonic Well, I wouldn´t complain about that. :D

Jokes aside, the airspace in Battlefield has always been a hard world to survive in. The skill gap is much bigger than it is in infantry or even ground vehicle combat. Flying got a little bit easier in BF3/BF4, but good pilots would still dominate everybody else.
With the amount of damage, planes can deal out in BFV, I think it should be really hard to level them up.
Message 10 of 26 (2,270 Views)