Persistent server issue

by creepnpeep

Original Post

Persistent server issue

★★★★ Guide

So we have persistent servers.

This is great. Very nice.

However, due to the portal servers being so unstable when you host a server (regular server crashes, maps failing to load properly, resulting in having to restart the map etc), it makes having persistent servers absolutely pointless.

Scenario:

You host a persistent server and then log off, expecting the server to stay live.

The server does stay live.

But if the server crashes or a map in the rotation fails to load properly, no one can join it anyway!

This means that the host has to stay present pretty much all the time to be there to restart the server or reboot a map if needed.

This completely defeats the purpose of having persistent servers.

The stability of the portal servers is diabolical and this needs sorting.

Message 1 of 2 (426 Views)

Re: Persistent server issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am on ps5 and my server will not stay persistant, I have persistant server setting set ON but the server never stays persistant when i leave the game. This games player count and income stream will continue to suffer till they address these server issues, servers are elemental to battlefield, you kill the servers you kill the game. I am sure the higher up's don't care though. I left a year ago and came back cause now it's at least playable but with the server issues i will have to come back in an other year.

Message 2 of 2 (289 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help