Betreff: Feedback Thread: 128 Player Flashback CQ

by floschuller

Original Post

Feedback Thread: 128 Player Flashback CQ

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

FBCQ.jpg

This week for Flashback Conquest we are increasing the Player Count to 128 Players on Current Gen platforms (Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC)

This change will take place from Monday, May 16th to Thursday, May 19th at which point a new Battlefield Portal Featured Experience rotation will take place.

We believe Battlefield Portal is all about experimentation and continuously working on Experiences alongside the Community. With that in mind, we are testing out an increased player count for Flashback Conquest, and we'd like to hear from you if you feel this increase of players within Flashback Conquest is a step in the right direction for Flashback Conquest or not.

We'd also like to discover any further improvements that could be made to Flashback Conquest, and hear your suggestions around the Featured Experience.

Let us know below!

Message 1 of 82 (4,095 Views)

Re: Feedback Thread: 128 Player Flashback CQ

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

No thanks, the 128 players is too chaotic especially for maps that's designed for 64 players.

I agree about, Portal mode are the future for the Battlefield franchise 

Message 2 of 82 (3,977 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Hello very good, possibly it is a bit crazy, I have been creating servers in the community and at the beginning we made them with 128 players. They are maps designed for 64... but sometimes the madness is fun. THE PROBLEM... I don't know if you are aware but from 100 players... the performance on PC drops and it's a problem... greetings and I hope it helps
Message 3 of 82 (3,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

moving to 128 players for Flashback conquest is not the right decision. 

BF:BC2 & BF3 were never designed with 128 players in mind. They weren't even designed with gameplay elements of 2042 in mind (obviously). The best example I can give is Arica Harbour and the B objective. The map was not designed with powerful air vehicles in mind and they end up dominating the map and that objective. Moving to 128 players will make confined maps like Arica Harbour and Noshar Canals too chaotic to effectively play. 

Flashback conquest needs refining to better suit the maps with the available equipment, not expanding the player count to 128; which the community has often pointed to as a step in the wrong direction and one that they would like to see reverted. 

Message 4 of 82 (3,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

What about actual content?

LOVE LETTER.png

Battlefield 2042 Survey: https://gamerant.com/battlefield-2042-survey-potential-features/

The third question shared from the survey is less encouraging.

It's also about Portal, but instead of asking about what content players might want to see, it's gauging the response to ending future content additions.

Specifically, the question asks players' opinion of Portal no longer receiving additional legacy content, meaning maps, game modes, and assets from older Battlefield games.

As of 128 Player Flashback CQ feedback goes;

I'll take the 64 vs 64, but only if there's a balance to it. Currently haven't played this mode yet, but I can assure players would like to have the old maps in AoW mode.

Message 5 of 82 (3,813 Views)

★★ Novice

128 players doesnt need to be in battlefield game.128 players is too chaotic and causes lot of performance issues.64 players and maps designed for it is better 

Message 6 of 82 (3,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please stick to 64 players. Those maps were not made for 128 players. Performance drops a lot with 128 players no metter what game mode its in its causing huge issues for PC players. Drop 128 player modes out of ur mind its just pointless to create game modes that people cant enjoy becouse of performance issues. 

Message 7 of 82 (3,689 Views)

★ Guide

No 128 too chaotic guys c'mon now we been through this before. More important features to be tested honestly

Message 8 of 82 (3,683 Views)
Highlighted

Betreff: Feedback Thread: 128 Player Flashback CQ

★★★ Apprentice

After a round on each map: It's way too chaotic. While the 2042 maps are too big and lack cover, the Bf3 and BC2 maps are too small. Slightly larger (maybe the size of Sinai on Bf1) but the same density of covers as on the remaster maps would be needed for 128 players. But I could imagine 96 players on the remaster maps.

Message 9 of 82 (3,669 Views)

★★ Novice

Give up with 128 players unless you can actually make decent maps / fix fps. Most people play 64 players because they can have decent fps.

Message 10 of 82 (3,343 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help