Re: Battlefield 2042 Portal Wishlist From the Fans

by creepnpeep

Original Post

Battlefield 2042 Portal Wishlist From the Fans

★★★ Novice

1) I would love to see a WWII Pacific Map added. I find that playing in beautiful sunny maps makes you feel better and increases your mood. 

2) let players expand the boundaries in maps when playing in portal with friends via lan.

3) let people easily pick which teams they want to be on when playing with friends in portal. Groups of friends usually consist of gamers and casual gamers...we need to be able to make teams even by splitting the casual gamers and gamers the right way when dealing with a group of friends.

Those are the big issues. Basically, make things fun for LAN gaming again.

Message 1 of 15 (1,352 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can understand not allowing team switching for online play. But LAN with friends should be allowed to setup their teams. Playing local with a bunch of friends is all about competing and going head to head or in some cases playing together on the same team, point is, it should be easy to setup.

Even back in the day with the original battlefield 1942, you could switch teams online and no one freaked out. It was still a blast. It was fun to play for one side for a bit then switch teams and try the other side.

Message 2 of 15 (1,281 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, Portal is weird in that it works the way the main game should by carrying players across to consecutive rounds, but if a group of friends join the same Portal server we are randomly distributed with no way of getting together on the same team.  It really is like DICE just couldn't be bothered adding in this basic fundamental mechanic.  Surely when the Devs and play testing, they must also find themselves thinking, we should make it so we can all be on the same side...  So many ridiculous lazy decisions in this game.  Just a few little tweaks would fix so many of them

Message 3 of 15 (1,256 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ABC-Warrior-real It seems like right now they don't really differentiate btw online matches and LAN matches. They treat them the same and put them both on online servers open to anyone.
Which is fine...but it'd be nice to have a way to assign friends or have friends assign themselves on teams.
Message 4 of 15 (1,224 Views)

★★★ Novice

1) I feel like the inverse is also true, playing in a gloomy run down location can lower your mood and make you feel gloomy.

Message 5 of 15 (1,184 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@zepking I like your recommendations, but there is no new development planned for this game. If it isn't already announced, it ain't happening.
Message 6 of 15 (1,179 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Adamonic I feel like 2 and 3 can easily be tweaked and changed without any real development. I understand 1 probably won't happen...that was more of hopeful wishing
Message 7 of 15 (1,174 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just use the rules editor to code in a team switch.

You can then punch in a team switch cheat on the controller whenever you want, like the good old days.

That way, you can switch teams back and forth whenever you want.

Message 8 of 15 (1,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm don't know how to code that 

Message 9 of 15 (980 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@zepkingI have created an example experience for this where you can copy the code from Standard smile

There is also a video explaining how to use the feature.

https://bfportal.gg/experiences/team-switch-on-interact/

Message 10 of 15 (939 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help