Re: can i sell a used game?

by EA_Joker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can i sell a used game?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have recently bought battle field hardline (disc version)but I am not satisfied with it and the return policy is 1 month and I am too late.. so I was planning to sell it but I have seen many people bought used games and a message came on installation that the code is already in use.

Is there is anyway to remove my property from the game and be able to sell it?

Message 1 of 3 (693 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

@r9masta

No, there is not. Once a game code is used, it is forever tied to the account it was used on and it can not be removed. Once your refund policy expires, you are sadly out of luck. You and only you will be able to access your game and from your account only.

Future to this, it is not allowed and illegal to sell this type of used games, accounts and so on. If caught you can be banned by TOS so my advise is to not do it and just move on.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (961 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@r9masta

No, there is not. Once a game code is used, it is forever tied to the account it was used on and it can not be removed. Once your refund policy expires, you are sadly out of luck. You and only you will be able to access your game and from your account only.

Future to this, it is not allowed and illegal to sell this type of used games, accounts and so on. If caught you can be banned by TOS so my advise is to not do it and just move on.

Message 2 of 3 (962 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @r9masta,

to add to that:

For PC games, xxxo already gave the correct answer - once the code has been redeemed on an account, it cannot be removed anymore whatsoever.

As far as console games go, this is a different story, since you can install and launch the game as long as you are in possession of the disc.

Message 3 of 3 (602 Views)