Windows 10 will not launch BFH

by Joesep

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Windows 10 will not launch BFH

★ Apprentice

It's another Windows 10 & Hardline issue.  The problem I'm having is it will not launch the game.  It looks like it's going work...but after like a minute or two it comes back with the message "Your game didn't launch" or something like that.  I have tried everything out there without success.

BF3 & BF4 works under IE

No issues with Windows Live Games or Steam.

BFH doesn't not work under FF, C, IE or Edge

Video Drivers are up to date (AMD 6950)

I've uninstalled Origin, repaired BFH, Run as Admin, disabled all firewall/antivirus, etc.

It's been over a month since I've been able to play this game.  I'm not in a good place right now and out of options.  EA, Hopefully you've got a fix for me.

Message 1 of 52 (52,494 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Windows 10 will not launch BFH

★ Apprentice

No clue, but it started working again today.  The last thing I did was cleared cache again in IE, enabled plugin free and rebooted.

View in thread

Message 8 of 52 (64,497 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @Joesep,

Please try these steps:

• disable Origin in game: Origin -> Application Settings -> Origin in Game -> untick "Enable Origin in Game"

Spoiler
ingame.png

• disable the Origin Cloud Storage: Origin -> Application Settings -> General -> untick "Enable cloud storage for all supported games"

Spoiler
Origin in Game.png

• Open your Event Viewer by pressing Windows + r and entering eventvwr and try to find some additional information concerning your crash related to your bfh.exe (please read this article for additional information)
  • Make sure that you do not run any programs like MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision or Fraps in the background
  • If you use RivaTuner please make sure that you disable Custom Direct 3D Support
  • Try to run the bfh.exe in Windows 8 Compatibility Mode
  • Run the Origin.exe and BFHWebHelper.exe with administrator privileges

If you still are not able to launch Battlefield Hardline, please send us your DxDiag.

Best of luck!

If anybody was able to solve your problem, please click

✔αccepт αѕ ѕolυтιoɴ or +1 for any helpful answers. Thanks! ㋡✌

I don't work for EA.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Konnte jemand dein Problem lösen? Dann klicke bitte auf

αℓѕ ʟöѕυɴg αкzeρтιereɴ oder +1 für jede hilfreiche Antwort. Danke! ㋡✌

Ich arbeite nicht für EA.

Message 2 of 52 (52,312 Views)

★ Apprentice

disable the Origin Cloud Storage: (didn't work)

Tried all those other options (didn't work)

Nothing stood out in EventLog.

Here are my dxdiag results.

Spoiler
Message 3 of 52 (52,303 Views)

★ Apprentice

Let me just say how much this stinks.  I haven't been able to play this game for almost two months.  EA?  Origin?  Do you care?

Message 4 of 52 (52,291 Views)

★★ Novice

I am in the same boat as you. Game hasn't worked since July when I installed windows 10. BF4 works fine, but ive tried everything ive seen listed online and nothing has worked. Tried reinstalling the game...nothing.

Message 5 of 52 (52,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Does EA/ORIGIN even look at these post or rely on others answer questions for them?

Chat Session with EA

Spoiler
info: Your approximate wait time is 0 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Arjuna Y.
Arjuna Y: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Arjuna. How may I assist you today?
Arjuna Y: Hello.
you: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-Hardline/Windows-10-will-not-launch-BFH/m-p/4905040/highlight/f...
you: Please read my post
Arjuna Y: Alright, I am checking this.
Arjuna Y: May I have your name and your email address, please?
you: Joe, xxxxxxxxx

you: and Good Morning to you ; )
Arjuna Y: Good Morning Joe.
Arjuna Y: So you want to know why EA doesn't respond to answer.hq, right?
you: No, my problem is in my post...BFH will not launch and I've tried everything.

Arjuna Y: I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.
you: I've ready many users who posted about this problem and never got a resolution from EA.

you: For some reason BFH doesn't work when you migrate to Win10
Arjuna Y: I can understand many users are facing issues on Wins 10.
Arjuna Y: As a lot of the games aren't working on windows 10 because windows 10 is such a young operating system. It still has many bugs to be fixed.
you: unclear as to the solution. some how people get it working again, but it's

Arjuna Y: So BFH is one of the game.
you: please don't put this on Windows 10

you: it's Origin's problem
you: BF3, BF4 works just fine
Arjuna Y: Yes, I know its our fault. We have to make our game compatible with the windows 10.
you: ALL other games outside of ORIGIN work

Arjuna Y: I totally understand and accept this.
you: it does work with Windows 10

you: it's just figuring what is not working with certain users.
you: If ORIGIN cared it would be on this issue and have a solution.
you: even if I was the only person with the problem...
Arjuna Y: Our studio is aware of this and also they are working to release one patch for this.
Arjuna Y: As they know how much our users are facing issues with this,
Arjuna Y: .*
you: Can you make that official and...

you: reply to my post
you: I haven't seen any ownership of the issue...
you: from ORIGIN
Arjuna Y: I know you want to play but please believe me, we here at EA also facing this issue and because of this many employees and other users are not able to play this.
you: great...please take ownership and post this on my

you: post
Arjuna Y: Because they are still working on this and once the patch will be released, we will post this on our help site.
Arjuna Y: But as they are still working on this, so that's why they are not posting this officially.
you: So you leave us customers clueless as to the problem

you: and we waste hours, days trying to fix on our own.
you: when we can't...
you: that's not good!
Arjuna Y: Please do not worry. I understand that you are facing this issue.
you: do you have a number I can call to talk to someone?

you: ?
Arjuna Y: May I know whom you want to speak to, I mean supervisor or the advisor?
you: I want to talk to someone at EA/ORIGIN that can help me with this problem. Supervisor, Manager, it doesn't matter.

Arjuna Y: Alright, as we do not have phone support for supervisors. If you want I can transfer this chat to my supervisor.
Arjuna Y: Then you can discuss this issue with them.
you: Sure

Arjuna Y: Please stay connected, I will be transferring you to my available supervisor.
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at the end of your chat session.

info: Please wait while we get this chat session where it needs to go.
info: You are now ready to chat with Supervisor.
you: hello
you: Hello?

Arjuna Y: I know you want to play but please believe me, we here at EA also facing this issue and because of this many employees and other users are not able to play this.
you: great...please take ownership and post this on my
you: post
Arjuna Y: Because they are still working on this and once the patch will be released, we will post this on our help site.
Arjuna Y: But as they are still working on this, so that's why they are not posting this officially.
you: So you leave us customers clueless as to the problem

you: and we waste hours, days trying to fix on our own.
you: when we can't...
you: that's not good!
Arjuna Y: Please do not worry. I understand that you are facing this issue.

Message 6 of 52 (52,234 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for posting the conversation. I'm glad they are aware of this issue are having a patch coming to hopefully fix this, but they really do need to let us know that. I seriously considered giving up and moving onto other games and not coming back. When you cant play a game for 3+ months and have no idea that the company intends to do something, you normally would move on.

Message 7 of 52 (52,215 Views)

★ Apprentice

No clue, but it started working again today.  The last thing I did was cleared cache again in IE, enabled plugin free and rebooted.

Message 8 of 52 (64,498 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had the same problem from the moment I installed Windows 10.

Only way to play was to login with a new user on my pc that I created once Windows 10 as installed.

Since I was sick of doing so, I started to troubleshoot the problem again today.

With me, the proces of the BFHWebHelper.exe started when joining a server or starting campaign.

But BFH.exe never got started.

What I did, was to delete BFHWebHelper.exe from "Program files (x86)\Origin Games\BFH"-folder.

After that, the game launched normally.

BFHWebHelper.exe never got reinstalled by the game...but no idea why u need it...

Message 9 of 52 (52,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

YOU ARE MY HERO

Im trying to fix BF Hardline for about 2 weeks right now.

Message 10 of 52 (51,999 Views)