Re: Windows 10 will not launch BFH

by SloGhostie

Original Post

★★ Novice

Guys I wonder if you can help?

I've got the exact same problems and have just tried deleting BFHwebhelper but when I do I get a message in Battelog that my game needs to be updated in order to play.

It won't do anything else.

So I update in Origin and guess what... it re-downloads BFHWebhelper!

Any idea how to solve this thing? I got the game today and haven't been able to start it at all...

Message 11 of 52 (7,551 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @Fineus-K

You need the webhelper.exe in the order to run the game. Why did u deleted? What was the problem?

Message 12 of 52 (7,544 Views)

★★ Novice

Deleting it was the last thing I tried in trying to get the game to launch.

This thread mirrors my own experiences of the game simply not launching when I try and start either multiplayer or campaign modes.

I've tried enabling and disabling plugin based running from Battlelog, running both Origin and/or BFH.exe as administrator, disabling firewall and antivirus (both stock Windows 10 - no AVG or anything).

None of it works.

Deleting BFHWebHelper.exe was the last ditch attempt I've made. Why? Because this very thread reports that doing so has worked for others.

So now I'm stuck... the game won't run.

Incidentally BF4 and the BFOne beta demo recently released have both worked fine. Other games work fine. It's just BF Hardline.

Message 13 of 52 (7,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @Fineus-K

Did you:

- interrupted, stopped anytime the download of the game?

- blocked bhl.exe in firewall?

Message 14 of 52 (7,535 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem as him, I cant remove webhelper, I get that part, but Battlefield Hardline worked for me just 1 time on single player I ran the OBS as I wanted to do a walkthrought of the game and I closed it after I was finished and it never openned again in the 1000 of tries..... I can see the game open and close in a second at the bottom in the bar, and the process is running in the manager, but the game just dosent open and on the web browser it says that it opened, I tried everything they suggested, even reinstalled game, run is at administrator and nothing really works.... Can you please fix this?

Message 15 of 52 (7,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here

Went through all options offered in this thread - no success.

I believe this is related to the launch platform switch.

EA, please help

Message 16 of 52 (7,174 Views)

★ Novice

thanks!!!! workd for me on windows 10 build 15063.

Message 17 of 52 (7,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I deleted the  BFHWebHelper.exe the game would not open, said it was missing the file and asked me to restore it?

Message 18 of 52 (7,088 Views)

★ Novice

Mine would not start up either, but I added BFHWebhelper.exe and bfh.exe as exceptions in my AVG interface and the game started up without a problem. Not disabling the av, but adding them as exceptions worked for me.

Message 19 of 52 (6,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I followed the steps on my win 10 and battlefield and dragon age worked for me. Thanks.
Message 20 of 52 (6,848 Views)