Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Punkbuster keeps kicking me from Battlefield Hardline

by RowDogSA

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Punkbuster keeps kicking me from Battlefield Hardline

★★★★ Novice

In all the years I have been playing Battlefield, I have never had this issue. It started today when I tried to connect to friends on a Hardline server a number of times:

"ERROR
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'RowDogSA' (for"

That is all I get. It does not even give me a complete description.
I have been playing Hardline for about a week now. I did not play the BETA.

I tried downloading the latest Punkbuster for Windows and added and fully updated Battlefield Hardline. I rebooted my PC and restarted my modem.
It keeps happening.

I am definitely not cheating, so why is this suddenly happening?
Message 1 of 25 (20,170 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Punkbuster keeps kicking me from Battlefield Hardline

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

macros -  He means like using the scroll wheel to shoot... or a single key press that does multiple things.  I doubt this is the issue.

---

He likely can't complete the PB error message because I think there is a flaw in the way the game reads these errors out.  It has been passed onto the devs I heard.

---

Okay actually fix this issue.. here is likely the fix.  I'm assuming the finish of that message says something about PunkbstrA/B not started.

Uninstall Punkbuster via Control Panel.

Reinstall using one of these two methods.

Origin Games\BFH\__Installer\punkbuster\redist\pbsvc.exe

-or-

http://www.evenbalance.com/?page=pbsetup.php

View in thread

Message 6 of 25 (24,612 Views)

All Replies

Hello @RowDogSA 

"ERROR

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'RowDogSA' (for" -?
Please write completely error or reason.

Good luck.

RU & EN EA ANSWERS HQ HERO, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT AND BATTLEFIELD FORUMS MODERATOR

I DON'T WORK FOR EA.

Message 2 of 25 (20,118 Views)

★★ Novice

It might be that you use some macros that BFH detected as an hack or a cheat program...

Message 3 of 25 (20,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@IIPrest0nII

Hi. As I said: "That is all I get. It does not even give me a complete description."

The error comes up in a red bar at the bottom of my browser and is as I showed it, incomplete.

Message 4 of 25 (20,107 Views)

★★★★ Novice

mrramses7

What do you mean by "macros". I am not aware of any macros running.

Message 5 of 25 (20,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

macros -  He means like using the scroll wheel to shoot... or a single key press that does multiple things.  I doubt this is the issue.

---

He likely can't complete the PB error message because I think there is a flaw in the way the game reads these errors out.  It has been passed onto the devs I heard.

---

Okay actually fix this issue.. here is likely the fix.  I'm assuming the finish of that message says something about PunkbstrA/B not started.

Uninstall Punkbuster via Control Panel.

Reinstall using one of these two methods.

Origin Games\BFH\__Installer\punkbuster\redist\pbsvc.exe

-or-

http://www.evenbalance.com/?page=pbsetup.php

Message 6 of 25 (24,613 Views)

@RowDogSA wrote:

@@IIPrest0nII

Hi. As I said: "That is all I get. It does not even give me a complete description."

The error comes up in a red bar at the bottom of my browser and is as I showed it, incomplete.

You need to know the reason. Without knowledge of the reason will be difficult to find a solution. Confusedmileysad:

@RowDogSA 

RU & EN EA ANSWERS HQ HERO, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT AND BATTLEFIELD FORUMS MODERATOR

I DON'T WORK FOR EA.

Message 7 of 25 (20,098 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@WootCandy

You pointed me in the right direction. I noticed that there weren't any Punkbuster services running on my PC. I went to my BFH folder and ran pbsvc.exe. It reinstalled the Punkbuster services and everything is OK now.

Message 8 of 25 (20,080 Views)

★★★★ Novice

IME GETTING THE SAME AND WHEN REINSTORD I  WENT * COMEPLETLIY SHITYER * SAKES WHAT HA HAVE THEY DONE NOW,

Message 9 of 25 (19,909 Views)

★★★★ Novice

DONT reinstall it, it will * make it warse

Spoiler
Spoiler
:catmad:
Message 10 of 25 (19,908 Views)

bf1-eye

You've fought crime on the mean streets

Now it's time to be a part of the new fight in Battlefield 1.

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help