PS4  Full Game Install......STUPID SLOW!!!

by alttletouched

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4  Full Game Install......STUPID SLOW!!!

★★★ Newbie

My digital download finished at 1:15 AM Tuesday morning (started download @ 6 pm EST Monday). I opened the game at 9 am Tuesday, and it says 20% installed (full game). 13.5 hours later (10:30 pm) it is at 42%....what gives???? I took the day off work to play this *%$@ game!!! Not happy!

Glad I gave up a day of work for nothing (p.s. I didn't get paid for the day off either)

*****Fast forward Almost 15 hours later  (3:39 pm Wednesday) and I am @ 61%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am not playing any games on PS4, just have it setting at Hardline home screen.

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?????

So far EA's answers on this issue have been "oh well, it is what it is....."

I pre-ordered the digital version in hopes of getting into the game quicker.......LOL

Message 1 of 12 (83,921 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4  Full Game Install......STUPID SLOW!!!

[ Edited ]
Hero

I believe the bandwidth on consoles is provided by the console manufacturers, not EA. So if a download from PSN is slow, I think you should complain to Sony, not EA.

I downloaded the game from Origin at 3MB/s, so EA's servers are definitely quick enough. (Edit: Note that this answer was several years ago. My downloads are much quicker now in general, including on Origin.)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (83,779 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Same thing happened here but on Xbox One. It took over 13 hours to install and when I went to play the game it said it was currently installing and at 87%. But on the dashboard it was fully installed. WTF!
Message 2 of 12 (83,874 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you want to install big games like this faster you need the disc.  I don't know if it is the same on PS4 but on Xbox One if you want to install a game disc fast you uplug the Ethernet cable from the xbox, disconnect wireless, and then click go offline.  You then install the disc while offline it is much faster.  When the install is complete then go back online and download the updates and dlc.  Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 12 (83,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I bought the digital download code from gamestop so that it is just on my Xbox and so that there is no need for a disc
Message 4 of 12 (83,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Sadly the install speed is based on your download speed so the only way to increase it if you are digital is to increase your download speed.  They are trying to increase the install times on Xbox One I read though not sure about PS4.

Message 5 of 12 (83,869 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I download advanced warfare in under 30 minutes and they are around the same GB to install. Taking more than 12 hours to install a game is ridiculous.
Message 6 of 12 (83,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I downloaded the game and it has been installing since yesterday at 7am. It's now 510 pm the next day and I'm at 24% There is no game that has ever taken this long. I am beyond pissed.
Message 7 of 12 (83,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Finally able to play. It took 36 hours from the time the install started; this does not include the 5.5 hrs download time.
P.S. I have Comcast cable internet with the fastest speed available & a Linksys EA6400 router.

Message 8 of 12 (83,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I believe the bandwidth on consoles is provided by the console manufacturers, not EA. So if a download from PSN is slow, I think you should complain to Sony, not EA.

I downloaded the game from Origin at 3MB/s, so EA's servers are definitely quick enough. (Edit: Note that this answer was several years ago. My downloads are much quicker now in general, including on Origin.)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 12 (83,780 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I also had this problem today with NHL17 and I have the most stout internet service that AT&T UVerse has to offer. Downloaded Skyrim remastered weeks ago and it loaded beautifully in reasonable time. Purchased and downloaded all the Fallout 4 DLC in a flash. This game took 2 hours just to be able to open it. Only the basic game feature was available and said 21% hours later. Was watching Netflix until midnight and the SOB was only on 57%. No idea if I'll be able to play this game I spent a ton of money on in the AM when I wake up.
It's not my internet,
Message 10 of 12 (80,015 Views)