Re: MAJOR bug in Episode 8....game doesn not play

by AIItimeGaming

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@DBoxLive53 Was this the solution to the problem? "When you start the part at the airfield hit options then restart checkpoint. It should work after that"

Best regards

MegaIodon

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MegaIodon/

Battlefield Community Helper Veteran

Don't forget to "Grant XP" if you're satisfied with the support I assisted you with.

Did I help you with solving a problem? - Accept my answer as the solution!

Message 31 of 54 (3,819 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

that was the solution he used i tink

@swespot

Message 32 of 54 (3,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I installed Hardline during the June 2016 Free Play Days on XBOX Live, and encountered the same Episode 8 "freezing" bug that has apparently existed for over a year. Despite error reports by many users, there is no "official" fix, or even an official acknowledgement I can find to this issue. I would like to thank EA for providing me an opportunity to try their game before I bought it, as you will now never have me for a customer. Your blatant lack of customer support for a game ending issue that has existed for so long speaks volumes about your commitment to the consumer and the quality of your products, Shameful!

Message 33 of 54 (3,681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE and a BROKEN GAME.  I experienced the same issue with the game freezing at the airfield.  I contacted support and was told this was a known issue since last year and hasn't been fixed or addressed.  The EA rep was aware of this three page thread of others experiencing the same issue, yet no fix in sight. Furthermore, I requested an exchange or refund, but was denied compensation even though I've done nothing wrong except for giving them my hard earned $40.  His solution was to complete that episode without dying.  Nice fix huh?  He suggested lowering the skill level to complete this scene and promised the game would play fine after.  The problem is that I've already played it three times and have no interest in doing it again.  I have about one hour a night to game and shouldn't have to deal with shoddy workarounds.  I just want a fully working product.  I may consider filing suit in small claims court.  They deserve it for releasing a buggy product, acknowledging the issue but refusing to fix it, making the workaround my problem, and refusing to return or exchange the defective product.  Truly deplorable business practice.  I'm done with EA and suggest you be too!

Disgruntled customer

Message 34 of 54 (3,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Is this seriously not going to be fixed? Without having to restart the episode?!?! Never buying a battlefield game again
Message 35 of 54 (3,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same prob at the exact same point. I waited, restarted the ps and then restarted the whole episode. When i died at the airfield same stuff. Black pic and a blue arrow loading. Any solution??
Message 36 of 54 (3,469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me. If I die on the machine gun I have to restart the episode. I manage to avoid this by loading the last checkpoint before I die from the pause menu. When I do this I start in the hanger.

Message 37 of 54 (3,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SERIOUSLY! I cannot believe that is already over the ONE YEAR.

Recently I did this game and exactly same bug I found.

I can't progress anymore after I died at airport scene.

I restarted entire ep.8. and now, there is NEW problem.

I can't enter the building just before airplane !!!!

I driven the car and parking in THE SPOT but I can't enter the building. 

The system is not recognizing even I parked the car in designated area. 

I just drive around and around! HAHAHAHAHAHA

PLEASE!!! give a upgrade patch and fix it. 

I don't want to give it up. 

Message 38 of 54 (3,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is the solution! Worked 100% on PS4
First you need to start the episod and play it all over again till you get to the AirField!
WHEN YOU START THE PART OF THE AIRFIELD HIT OPTIONS THAN RESTART CHECKPOINT. It will work after that!
Message 39 of 54 (3,195 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This works to fix the bug
Message 40 of 54 (3,192 Views)