Hardline PS4 (in game install too slow)

by Riotfirestarter

Original Post

Re: Hardline PS4 (in game install too slow)

★★ Novice

WRONG ADVICE

@EA_Bastian wrote:

Resetting the console via the safemode should cancel and resume the installation process, have you tried it yet? 

Message 61 of 143 (2,736 Views)

★★ Novice

@lGimmeWhiskyPlsl wrote:

(Not to be very rude) I'm sure you're making a patch for problem on the (PS4). I did the steps of putting the safety mode. (And it is updated 2.04) (Rebuild Database) (And Restart PS4). The steps are NOT working for me. I got Battlefield Hardline on the release date. It has been 3 day's. That this situation hasn't been solved.

That is because EA are providing completely incorrect advice.

This would never solve an issue with download speed. EA seem to be confusing download and installation speed.

Message 62 of 143 (2,734 Views)

★★★ Newbie

8 + hours installation and only 30 % done.    Maybe next time we should stop buying battlefield game. A bad product cost $59. Where can i report the inferior quality product?  

Message 63 of 143 (2,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2 days = 42%

Are there any ways to cancel this faulty product?

Message 64 of 143 (2,712 Views)

★ Novice

website

For everyone suffering with PSN's slow download rates, try setting up a manual configuration for your network connection through the console and assigning a new primary and secondary DNS as your default assigned ones are not going to be the best.

Press the PS guide button and goto Settings>Network>Setup Internet Connection. Then select your Connection type (WIFI/LAN) and on the next step choose "Custom" for how you want to set up your Internet connection.

Next, under the IP Address Settings, choose "Manual" and enter your own IP, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway. (You can check google on how to find out yours if you don't already know them).
For the Primary and Secondary DNS boxes, as a quick and reliable DNS you should enter Google's Public DNS. For the Primary DNS enter 8.8.8.8 and for the Secondary, enter 8.8.4.4 then hit next.
Leave the MTU as automatic on the next step and continue onto the proxy settings, most likely you won't be using one so can set it as do not use. If you are then fill in the proxy settings as required.
Then finally, hit the test connection button and you are set and will likely find your download speeds will increase at a massive rate.

Reboot PS4 after changing the network connection and you'll notice that the download speed is increased.

Message 65 of 143 (2,696 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Done downloading and installing! It took me 3 days to get this f***er installed holy *.. I almost lost my mind.. But still this is unacceptable i do not accept this as normal / works as designed..
Message 66 of 143 (2,680 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is unacceptable as I bought from Playstation Store.

Just keep downloading and don't have any estimate time. By my assuming at least take 3 to 4 days......

Euck FA , I wanna refund ........ Never and ever buy games from online, especially EA's game

Message 67 of 143 (2,630 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Dear all fellow gamers this too has been a problem on the xbone...i recently bought the xbone version so i could play with some old friends..the the xbone hardly gets used by me so doesnt have but 1 game loaded bf4....i did a system factory reset which wipes the hd...thought what the hell give it a try...popped the disc in....said an update for hardline is needed..clicked ok..and..it was installed in less than 30 minutes....try uninstalling bf4 and try..
Message 68 of 143 (2,604 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Oh yea forgot..its a retail disc i bought too
Message 69 of 143 (2,603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA how is this possible!!!!!!!! I played the open beta and the download was way faster than this.

If i knew you would F*CK me over like this i would have never bought the game.  great way of promoting your company!

and no it's not my download speed thats is slow. 100mbps.

I demand a response of EA and a working solution.

Message 70 of 143 (2,602 Views)