Hardline PS4 (in game install too slow)

by Riotfirestarter

Original Post

Re: Hardline PS4 (in game install too slow)

★★ Novice
I started mine yesterday, played the prologue. It was at 24-26% put my ps4 in stand bye. I checked it this morning it was only at 42%. So in 7-8 hours only 20%. My internet speeds and such are fine, never had an issue.
Message 11 of 143 (14,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It's really dumb I preorder it and took like 9 maybe 10 hours to install. Then it's telling me I got to install it again
Message 12 of 143 (14,100 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It took 26 hours from when I hit the download button till I could play, I was awake alone all night great connection, fully updated system even tried this safe mode idea. My friend even deleted it and restarted that didn't help him. Battlefield usually takes a couple hours this aint my first rodeo but 26hours? Im not even angry this is astounding
Message 13 of 143 (13,981 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ridiculous I'm at 10+ hours and only 32 precent done. Please fix this, 60 dollars and 10 hours and I still can't play. WTF EA
Message 14 of 143 (13,966 Views)

★ Novice

Same story here... 24 hours and its currently on 72%!!! REALLY!! We need a fix for this soon!!

Message 15 of 143 (13,959 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I AM NEVER BUYING ANOTHER GAME FROM THE ONLINE STORE AGAIN! 10 FREAKING HOURS AND IT IS ONLY AT 75%. THIS WILL BE THE 3rd GAME I HAVE BOUGHT FROM THE ONLINE STORE, AND THE THIRD TIME I WILL CALL CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND DEMAND A REFUND! IF SONY WANTS MY MONEY DIRECT ANYMORE THEN THEY CAN WAIT FOR IT, TILL I BUY IT IN THE STORE!!!

GOOD BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 16 of 143 (13,816 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mine took like 4 hours too and it should not have taken that long at all. I upgraded my Hard drive to a SSHD(solid-state hybrid drive). I have tested it with other games and gta 5 installed in about 20 mins when I reinstalled it. I had everything updated since I had just reinstalled a new faster hard drive. This was the only game that took so long to install. My friends took 8 hours to install and his was updated to the newest patch's.

Message 17 of 143 (13,766 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue on PS4.

I rember looking at the download when it started, said aprox. 40Gb and then checking back a while later, the download had decreased to aprox 6-9Gb.

I thought that maybe the game was building off BF4 which I have installed, this seems not to be the case.

So am I now downloading the 34-31Gb diffrence?

Isn't the whole point of a digital pre-order the ability to download and install the game so you can start playing the moment it is released?

This is made sweeter by the fact I ordered the Delux edition.

The testing scope and process does not include ALL delivery methods of the content?

Message 18 of 143 (13,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, will this ever be address.. I just get ignored by EA.

Message 19 of 143 (13,608 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Demi18 wrote:

I rember looking at the download when it started, said aprox. 40Gb and then checking back a while later, the download had decreased to aprox 6-9Gb.

So am I now downloading the 34-31Gb diffrence?

That is my best guess for what is happening.  

PSN downloads 6.5GB and then after launch the rest is downloaded for digital copies.

Stressing that is my GUESS based on my experience and other's comments.

Message 20 of 143 (13,604 Views)