BFH Actually launches, but disappears... (Windows 10)

by iamGuttie

Original Post

BFH Actually launches, but disappears... (Windows 10)

★ Novice

Hello,

After a lot of troubleshooting I have finally got my Battlefield: Hardline not to crash on startup (disabling avast and malwarebytes, easy enough). BUT it still doesn't work... I see the application for about half a second in the taskbar before it disappears. After that I can see it in the task manager, I can hear people talking in-game (no other sound though), it says on the battlelog website that I am currently in-game on a server, but, nothing more. I can not alt+tab to the game or see it in any other way than the task manager. I have tried reinstalling it, I have downloaded latest drivers, C++, DirectX etc. (pls don't tell me to update my drivers and it will be fine, it's not going to work). Here is a screenshot https://gyazo.com/f5343f674ccfcc7aef85ab1eaa670744 (same as in attached files).

Please someone help. I actually like this game...

Message 1 of 9 (3,010 Views)

Re: BFH Actually launches, but disappears... (Windows 10)

★ Novice

Holy mac'n'cheese, I got it to work.

If you are having the same trouble as me, just be fast af boy and press the BFH icon in the task bar before it disappears. The game will actually pop up on your screen, but be careful alt+tabbing, there is no way back if the game goes of your screen.

"Thanks" EA.

Message 2 of 9 (3,009 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for posting the details of your workaround. It's a strange one though, and I'd like to find a more permanent fix. 

If you restart with a Clean Boot do you see the same behaviour?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 9 (2,994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No it doesn't!

I have been fast as a flash with hitting the icon, and the game does not start, it goes to the Origin home site with all your games within.

This game is a waste of time, and money!!

Message 4 of 9 (2,946 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_David when I pressed Alt+Windows and clicked on "create new desktop", I found my game in the new desktop.
Message 5 of 9 (2,679 Views)

★★ Novice

yes it is

Message 6 of 9 (2,565 Views)

★★ Novice

this keeps happening to me any way for a easier fix instead of me spamming my icon bar

Message 7 of 9 (2,563 Views)

Community Manager

@trueharmony1 

Can you include a DxDiag so we can look at your specs? Do you run other programs/overlays in the background when you go to launch the game? Have you tried right-clicking on the desktop shortcut and ran it as administrator?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 9 (2,539 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Helloooo! I'm having the same problem: I see the game active from the task manager, but I cannot alt tab to it on EA Play. What do I do?

Message 9 of 9 (333 Views)