Yo, DICE

by Popa2caps

Original Post

Re: Yo, DICE

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Popa2caps
That’s a fair argument. I will say tho the Battlefield titles have been pretty solid in their first year or two after release, which is usually when their next title comes out. BFV being the exception, which I think has put a lot of people off overall.

Message 11 of 19 (711 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Forkbeard84 QUOTE - "PC players will dominate"

Automatically assuming someone is better, because they have more abilities doesn't automatically mean the person using it, will use it to its fullest.

That's like saying someone with access to the internet will be the next Albert Einstein.

- Bad feedback

Message 12 of 19 (693 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@CarbonCarl 

I was in the early release of Battlefield 5 and got cheated by an open aimbot in the first hour. I only remember it because everyone was testing the chat filter.

200 hours Mechwarrior Online, 2800 hours of DOTA2, 30 hours PUBG, 7 Years of Eve Online, 1200+ hours Apex Legends, 50 - 100 hours Battlefield 1

In my experience, the Battlefield series has more cheaters out of all of the games I've played. In Apex Legends for example I reported something like 400+ and I still think Battlefield has more. Understand I don't falsely report players. I mostly always played solo, so I stayed and watched and recorded. If I can't watch, I didn't report.

I don't blame any one person, but just saying I won't deal with it. I'm saying that like, if someone forces me, I just won't play their product, like not at all. Not even to try it. Like I am a person who will use something for a long time, then an update changes something and I'll quit using that product. I'm not brand loyal at all.

Offtopic (somewhat)

Keep hearing talks about weather being in the game, man I hope DICE doesn't forget this is a first person shooter, and get lost in the Frostbite mentality again like the last 3 titles.

Battlefield 4 might have been fun after the year of patches, but man I didn't like the visuals compared to Battlefield 3. I still remember that really bad effect when you turned it would create a flash effect on debris, like little sparks or something.

No joke, if PUBG would just make destruction, more vehicles and a conquest type mode, I wouldn't ever look back. I have a blast in PUBG deathmatch mode they have currently (consoles). It could grow to me so much more. PUBG console, no aim assist, no PC cross-play, simply amazing (Stadia doesn't count as PC).

I think it would be funny if the game was just bad, like so bad Fallout 76 had a better BR lol

Message 13 of 19 (678 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Popa2caps But they could and what is there to stop it?
Message 14 of 19 (672 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Trokey66 

Could you quote the post by chance that you're replying to. I don't know how to reply.

Message 15 of 19 (661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I said:

I'm not too excited about cross play in a game like Battlefield where people play against each other in a competitive environment.

PC people will have most of the advantages because they can update and tweak their hardware at any time and make adjustments to their operation system parameters for performance advantages.

Console hardware and software is basically frozen and doesn't get upgraded until the next generation console comes out which is a cycle that takes about 4 or 5 years.  As long as you have all console people playing together, its a pretty level playing field.

Introduce PC players into the console realm and it will no longer be a level playing field.  PC players will dominate and console players will be kill fodder.  

If you are a console player, you're not gonna have fun unless you just don't care about being dominated. If you are a pc player, then you should be all for it, because you'll have console serfs to dominate.

Pc to console crossplay will be extremely unfair for console players.

You said:

@Popa2caps wrote:

Automatically assuming someone is better, because they have more abilities doesn't automatically mean the person using it, will use it to its fullest.

That's like saying someone with access to the internet will be the next Albert Einstein.

- Bad feedback

What do you mean by "Bad Feedback?"  

So do you agree with me that PC players will have the advantage in Cross play?

PC Players will dominate. That does not mean PC players will win 100% of the time but PC players will certainly win more than 50% of the time.  PC players will dominate the console players.

Of course, some console players will be so good and some PC players will be so bad, that sometimes a console player could win despite the PC hardware and software advantage.  Is that what you mean? If so what's that have to do with the unfair equipment advantage enjoyed by PC players?  Statistically pc players will still win more than console players. 

You might win a boxing match with one arm tied behind your back, but would you want to box everyone with one arm tied behind your back?

Message 16 of 19 (645 Views)

I'd only toggle it on to play against my PC friends and steal dogtags/souls from the popular youtubers to add to my collection - I think regular play would be a nightmare considering aim discrepensies and the obvious plethora of supposed cheaters to contend with

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 17 of 19 (634 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Popa2caps wrote:

- Bad feedback

This one......

Although you seem to have proven your second paragraph. 

Message 18 of 19 (632 Views)

★ Pro

Yeah, I dunno.  Im goin for a skate. Nice day over here in Cali.

Message 19 of 19 (627 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help