Yo, DICE

by Popa2caps

Original Post

Yo, DICE

★★★★ Pro

Please don't forced console and PC cross-play.

Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

Message 1 of 19 (987 Views)

Re: Yo, DICE

Guardian

+1

Also make it so it can be toggled on/off.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Battlelog EN Volunteer Moderator, Coffee connoisseur, Pc Gamer, Modder, Content Creator, EA Gamechanger.
Message 2 of 19 (914 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Popa2caps
I'm not against this, but I'm just curious is this because you feel Console vs PC is unfair or would it be to stay away from PC cheats?

I'm personally looking forward to crossplay because I have friends on console who refuse to move to PC, so this means I get to play with them without having to buy a separate console version. Warzone works out well for us at least.
Message 3 of 19 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@CarbonCarl 
For me it is two part.
1. PC hacks.
EA/Dice has a horrible track record.
I gave Warzone a try a year or so ago.
Every 3rd game with Crossplay  had 1 PC guy wiping the lobby with obvious hacks.
So if it is/was hard for them to control hacking....EA/Dice is in trouble.

2. Controller Aim Assist.
I play on Console/Controller and I hate Aim Assist.
It should not be in a First Person Shooter.
I turn that crap off, since I want to play the game, not have the game play for me.
BFV aim assist is already stupidly insane.
Dice will probably turn it up to 11 to "help" controller players against Mouse/KB players for BF6, making the crutch that is Aim Assist be even more OP.
Meh.

We also have the legal tools PC players have, such as filters, or turning down textures so further away players are visible but not the trees/bushes they are using for cover, but that is a whole other discussion.

Message 4 of 19 (867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I currently play on PC but plan on moving to PS5 for BF6. I also plan on disabling crossplay.

I'm sad to give up PC gaming, but I'm tired of the cheaters. My time is too precious to waste looking for lobbies that are free of cheaters.

Message 5 of 19 (860 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@CarbonCarl 

Hello, Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I don't want PC vs console cross-play because of cheaters. Just be clear, only because of the cheaters.

Message 6 of 19 (847 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@CarbonCarl 

Honestly I don't think EA DICE would force cross-play between PC and console/s the more I think about it. I get it contradicts my post, but Respawn did the same with Apex Legends. Respawn did blame it on the chewbacca defence, aka mouse & keyboards defence, but most know it was because of the cheaters.

Message 7 of 19 (844 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@OskooI_007 

It truly is. I don't even look at PC gaming the same anymore. Once you start reporting 200+ a season like I did with Apex Legends, you start to automatically think everyone is a cheater, then people around you think you're crazy. I just don't want to think like that anymore.

I bought the Xbox Series X in Nov to get away from it. If DICE forced cross-play I know for a fact I wouldn't play it. I also currently do the same with Warzone, I just don't play it because it's forced cross-play, and has no FOV slider...

(I understand you can disable cross-play on the Xbox from privacy settings, but good luck finding a game).

I loved PC gaming, at first. PUBG, Warzone, Apex Legends, EVE Online, DOTA 2, but once you take notice of PCs dark side, it's hard to come out.

Message 8 of 19 (839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I'm not too excited about cross play in a game like Battlefield where people play against each other in a competitive environment.

PC people will have most of the advantages because they can update and tweak their hardware at any time and make adjustments to their operation system parameters for performance advantages.

Console hardware and software is basically frozen and doesn't get upgraded until the next generation console comes out which is a cycle that takes about 4 or 5 years.  As long as you have all console people playing together, its a pretty level playing field.

Introduce PC players into the console realm and it will no longer be a level playing field.  PC players will dominate and console players will be kill fodder.  

If you are a console player, you're not gonna have fun unless you just don't care about being dominated. If you are a pc player, then you should be all for it, because you'll have console serfs to dominate.

Pc to console crossplay will be extremely unfair for console players.

Message 9 of 19 (801 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Plucky6922
I understand PC cheats etc but I disagree with at least DICE having a track record. For me their games have been solid on release in terms of cheating and you could watch cheats get banned within minutes. It’s really only BFV that they showed no interest it seemed imo.
In older titles sure, cheating is rampant but it doesn’t bother me because I only ever play the latest titles, it’s rare I go back to older titles.

If anyone has a track record it’s the CoD franchise, even on console those games were filled with cheats and terrible servers which is why I quit at black ops. I have only ever gone back to play Warzone which for the most part I have enjoyed on PC.

I think lately Warzone has got real bad, I have stopped playing since the past season or two and after finding out they banned 475k accounts last week shows you how insane the cheating is on there, I’m not going back to it.

As for controller aim assist, I don’t think I’ve ever played a console game without it being included, so that shouldn’t affect cross play.
But yeh, I have always hated aim assist personally.

As for PC tools etc I agree, mice alone are more accurate and have many settings of their own.

Message 10 of 19 (794 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help