Re: Which is better, BFV or BF4 vehicle spawning?

by ragnarok013

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

@fisknyllet17 wrote:

@ragnarok013 Valid point. Could a fixed set number of types of vehicles be implemented? If they were to go for a bf1 spawn system.

Couldn't you spawn directly into a vehicle in BF4 as well though......

Need to check that next time.

But your right, a hybrid system should work where you fixed vehicle types per map but you can only spawn into them. 

Message 21 of 81 (947 Views)

★ Pro
@Trokey66 in BF4 some planes and boats depends on map otherwise it needed to be occupied.
Message 22 of 81 (937 Views)

@cso7777 wrote:

@ragnarok013The times playing Fjell as infantry and all planes are bombers...

Precisely! This is a great example!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 23 of 81 (929 Views)

@fisknyllet17 wrote:

@ragnarok013 Valid point. Could a fixed set number of types of vehicles be implemented? If they were to go for a bf1 spawn system.

@fisknyllet17 I would think so however my preference is still to use the old system where people even in the spawn need to run up to the vehicle to use it. It prevents people staying in the spawn screen using macros to prevent others from taking the vehicle...in essence it more fair and gives normal players the chance to actually get a vehicle.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 24 of 81 (873 Views)

★ Pro

@fisknyllet17 wrote:

@Forkbeard84 the vehicles spawned at fixed points in the spawn. So people would spawn in and run to the vehicle they wanted. Or stand at a point, looking up in the air whilst pressing the button for entering a vehicle. Those teammates were often hit by jeeps so people could snatch the vehicles at the last second. Other times people were in tanks, shooting other tanks as they spawned in etc etc.

That sounds like a big cluster.  I think I'd vote for BF5/BF1 vehicle spawns over that.

Message 25 of 81 (866 Views)

★ Pro

@UP_Hawxxeye wrote:

As a tanker or pilot my largest frustration in BF1 and BFV is to lose the slot I I was using before I was destroyed/shot down  to some rando who lucked out on the spawn icons and clicked faster (or got the icon faster) when the next vehicle/plane spawn became available.

Losing the slot is much worse than dying (ingame)

BF4 spawn all the way, it reduces the interference from players who are not committed to the vehicle plane in question and would be just as happy as infantry.

Losing the slot does suck but if you are a dedicated pilot or dedicated tanker in BF1 for instance, you can usually get another vehicle by knowing the active vehicle count versus available vehicle count and watching the timer for when you know one will spawn.  You can often get the same slot back if you watch the time from when you died as its about 2 minutes for the vehicle to respawn.   Having to fight it out for tanks and planes BF4 style sounds like a pretty chaotic way to get a vehicle.

Message 26 of 81 (866 Views)

★★ Guide

@ragnarok013 Sounds like a PC problem I didn't know existed, until now. Where does it end? Anyway. Since we're coming at this from two different angles with different baggage (since I'm on console) I'm not swayed. I remember tanks destroying unoccupied tanks and choppers in spawn. Wasn't fun. 

Message 27 of 81 (856 Views)

@fisknyllet17 True I’m not to trying to sway your opinion as it’s very subjective just elaborating why I like the pre-BF4 system better.

There are definitely pros and cons to both systems but I liked vehicle stealing and interdiction ops since it was risky with the auto base defense. Frankly after BF1/5 intentionally eliminating many ways to have “Only in Battlefield Moments” and sucking the soul from the series I find myself opposing most of DICE’s “innovation” chasing trends lately and want the series to return to when it had an enthusiastic community with a solid relationship with the studio.

Message 28 of 81 (842 Views)

★ Expert
@ragnarok013 The only problem with vehicle stealing is that this can lead to rounds being more unbalanced (sometimes one team has too many vehicles).

The same goes for vehicles at flags on the map. This can also contribute to bad balance.

Message 29 of 81 (808 Views)

@cso7777 wrote:
@ragnarok013 The only problem with vehicle stealing is that this can lead to rounds being more unbalanced (sometimes one team has too many vehicles).

The same goes for vehicles at flags on the map. This can also contribute to bad balance.

@cso7777 the same can be said for the far more frequent (than spawn vehicle stealing which can be solved by making enemy spawn insta-death) is drivers who abandon his tank/chopper and the enemy grabs and repairs it. I don't think making the driver go down with the ship to prevent unbalance would be a good thing. One of the things that kept me going back to Battlefield year after year and entry after entry is how almost anything could happen during a round and maps even play differently as a result.

Message 30 of 81 (778 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help