Re: Which is better, BFV or BF4 vehicle spawning?

by ragnarok013

Original Post

★★ Guide

I think I prefer the bf1/bfv system. I remember the trolling going on in bf4's spawns. Which sometimes was fun but most times not very. The only thing I don't like is the vehicle spawns connected to capture points. The last thing an all capped team needs is to have the enemy get another tank at their gimme flag ensuring numerical superiority in vehicles.

Message 11 of 81 (1,217 Views)

★ Pro

I'd like a operational base which you can jump in vehicles without having to go to the spawnscreen.

At flagzones they should be freely accesible for both sides after pointcapture;

i.e flag capped by X team, spawns a X vehicle, open for all.

Message 12 of 81 (1,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@zenn_nme wrote:

I'd like a operational base which you can jump in vehicles without having to go to the spawnscreen.

At flagzones they should be freely accesible for both sides after pointcapture;

i.e flag capped by X team, spawns a X vehicle, open for all.

I like this idea. Put vehicle spawn terminals at home bases and captured flags so infantry soldiers can walk up and choose which vehicle they want to spawn. DICE could even prevent enemy players from using the terminal.

That way players don't have to die first in order to access the vehicle spawn screen. It also gives players incentive to capture and hold flags because vehicles will spawn there.

Message 13 of 81 (1,189 Views)

★★ Guide

@OskooI_007 Only if said terminal exclaims "catch a ride!" in Scooters voice when being accessed.

Message 14 of 81 (1,181 Views)

★ Pro

@fisknyllet17 wrote:

I think I prefer the bf1/bfv system. I remember the trolling going on in bf4's spawns. Which sometimes was fun but most times not very. The only thing I don't like is the vehicle spawns connected to capture points. The last thing an all capped team needs is to have the enemy get another tank at their gimme flag ensuring numerical superiority in vehicles.

Sorry, I never played BF4.  I know how BF1/Bf5 spawn systems worked for vehicles.

How was it different in BF4.?  What did you need to do in order get a tank in BF4?

Message 15 of 81 (1,152 Views)

★★ Guide

Battlefield 4 without deployment screen spawning. Those who would like to dedicate time with vehicles could secure home base from enemies in meanwhile.

Message 16 of 81 (1,145 Views)

★★ Guide

@Forkbeard84 the vehicles spawned at fixed points in the spawn. So people would spawn in and run to the vehicle they wanted. Or stand at a point, looking up in the air whilst pressing the button for entering a vehicle. Those teammates were often hit by jeeps so people could snatch the vehicles at the last second. Other times people were in tanks, shooting other tanks as they spawned in etc etc.

Message 17 of 81 (1,133 Views)

@OskooI_007 wrote:

Which do you prefer? BFV style where you spawn into vehicles from the respawn screen after you're dead, or BF4 style where vehicles spawn at bases and anyone can jump into them while you're still alive?

@OskooI_007 I prefer the old vehicles spawning on the map that you have to run up to in order to drive or pilot from older Battlefield titles. My main reason is that it's much easier for DICE to balance a map around a static predetermined assortment of vehicles rather than being able to balance a map out of an almost infinite permutation of vehicles when players can choose any vehicle in the game like in Bf1 and BF5.  A good example is that one time before 5.0 dropped in BF5 when MAA was pretty OP I saw 3 MAAs on each side on the map at once.  Pilots had a pretty bad round as did infantry and Armor. It would have been a much more balanced round if there was only 1 MAA per side.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 18 of 81 (1,121 Views)

★★ Guide

@ragnarok013 Valid point. Could a fixed set number of types of vehicles be implemented? If they were to go for a bf1 spawn system.

Message 19 of 81 (1,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@ragnarok013The times playing Fjell as infantry and all planes are bombers...

Message 20 of 81 (1,082 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help