What area of gameplay you want to see improved for Battlefield 6?

by Teal_Pipo_Fredo

Original Post

Re: What area of gameplay you want to see improved for Battlefield 6?

★★★★★ Pro

Anti Air needs to be balanced early in the game's life, not go through a constant back and forth of OP and UP.

- Stationary AA should be point defence, covering the immediate area around an objective horizontally, not half the map.

- AA needs to be a hard counter to aircraft. AA should always be capable of winning or at least drawing in a head on, 1:1 fight against aircraft

- Aircraft shouldn't be able to effectively outrange AA. There should always be a very real risk engaging a hard counter.

Message 51 of 66 (671 Views)

★ Pro

@Noodlesocks the problem has always been lack of effective AA at launch, DICE argument is players don't have access counters until later, this is days for some not months. Yet the same is never applied to tanks and AT.

- Stationary will always be problematic with location, effectiveness and map size. Even something like operation/destruction rate is an issue remember early BF1. With that said stationary like some of BF4 maps might be the only choice for stationary.

- MAA dedicated vehicle should not be needed. If vehicles have a reasonable AA weapon. I think infantry AA should be the biggest contribution.

- Infantry AA could be a simple as 1 shot pickup weapon. There are 3 main issues 1) power, 2) targeting and 3) how many. The issue of power is should it be sufficient to kill in 1 shot or multiple. Killing in 1 leads to pilots whine about unfairness(BFV) strange how it not unfair to kill others in 1. Multiple gives an aircraft a chance to escape.

Targeting there is not skill argument like some try to make. Lock-on have had counters just as direct fire has no counter. Where the majority of skill is used is the issue. The difference in targeting will also effect how many shots and power. We could have direct fire that has lock-on that is 1shot kill(LAW BF4). How about the ability to either use TAG yourself or traditional partner.

By being pick up be it at a location or airdrop will see an increases in effectiveness while reducing the amount that can be used.

No, matter how many have access, how effective or targeting method. Too many wannabe pilots will complain if they can't go 60-0 and DICE listens that needs to stop this the biggest change in AA that is needed. If I am getting killed 6 times a round by a single aircraft(pilot) and have no method to counter(BF1). Then told it is my fault is utter BS. I fear that BF6 will be another dominate by planes for significant periods of time.

Message 52 of 66 (658 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

modern weaps like the stinger and jav are gonna screw these kids to the wall.

y'all aint seen a squad that can bluff your ecms yet

you will

Message 53 of 66 (649 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I dunno...maybe DICE buying back their soul and going independent again? LOLz. OK OK one can only dream.

Come on guys, it's EA, just dont have high expectations and everything will be fine.

Message 54 of 66 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Full support for offline splitscreen and offline singleplayer/splitscreen bots. Consult the attachment to this post for details.

[Admin - Removed attachment due to personal information. Please feel free to reupload without any personally identifying info]

Message 55 of 66 (603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would want servers that can allow us who live in Europe to be able to play with friends in Africa ,I hope that bf6 will have servers maybe in south Africa or even Egypt ,cause having only south Africa as main African server ,I think is not enough..I also hope that we get a much better battle royal at launch and I know that this is very possible.thanks

Message 56 of 66 (579 Views)

★ Guide

Two off the top:

1) A server browser that gives useful information like current score and a player list. 

2) The ability to team switch. 

Message 57 of 66 (550 Views)

★ Pro

A lot of my comments will relate to BF1 as thats the title I have the most time with and I could not stomach BF5 despite buying it and trying and retrying to play and get into it.

For BF6:

Fix the rampant cheating that occurs on PC.  Really fix it.  

Keep it casual as others have mentioned.  We need space for the tryhards sure but they can try hard to beat other tryhards or beat casuals while the casuals ride around in tanks and planes or get sentry kits, camp on hills, spam explosives, etc. The casual aspect of battlefield is what gives it such broad appeal.  

Bring back spotting similar to how it is in BF1.  The BF5 spotting system (or lack of a spotting system) was a real negative shock to me.

Give us a real chat box on console where we can type some stuff in.  PC has a chat box.  We can handle one on console.

The current points system for capping objectives is lopsided.  Way too many points are given for simply flopping down in the small objective area and letting the points roll in. More points should be given for killing enemies whether its on the objective or not.  Killing is important in the game.  More points for killing in general.  But along with that there should be more points given for all the things that support getting objectives and support of killing the enemy.  More points for helping the team.  More points for spotting and spot assists.  More points for supplies and revives.  More points for helping out in any way. This is all in relation to the fact that too many points are currently being given out for being in the small objective capping circle. Sure give points for that but also give better points for all the other things that lead to a win. 

Stop the zerg rush.   It should not be more points for losing an objective and then getting it back.  You should get more points for continually holding an objective.  The current point system supports the zerg rush.  Stop the zerg rush. 

Fix the team balancing.  Honestly I still don't understand why its so hard to make sure each team has the same amount of players at the start of a game.  I hear a lot of programming talk about how hard it is, but I think its a challenge that can be solved.  Give us better balance.

Fix the server browser so it shows all the games available as the default.  This will help give everyone more variety.  The BF1 server browser was terrible and only shows vanilla servers and anything custom must be specifically searched for.  It kills the game and forces everyone to play vanilla.  Just show us all the games and then let us apply the filters we want.  

Message 58 of 66 (534 Views)

★ Pro

I am tired of seeing the same PTFO requests from the community game after game.  It is time for DICE to make a ranked mixed platoons area in Battlefield where winning matches and completing objective goals with platoon members actually earns rewards and rank for the platoons. 

I understand that some people enjoy the multiplayer in this series being a sandbox experience where they can jump on the server and do whatever they want.  Cool.  If that is what is fun for you.  Then do that.  There however needs to be a place where the people that actually care about team play, executing orders, and helping their team win can go to be around others that want to play this way because this is what is fun for them. 

Currently the Battlefield experience where the player jumps in random servers is terrible.  People don't give squad orders.  They don't follow the orders when they are given, and most people in squads don't even play the game like they have a squad with them as they are in different places on the map doing their own thing.  Seeing this game after game on servers is annoying and makes me unfortunately realize how few times we get to experience the full potential of the large scale game modes. 

I often get the urge to play Battlefield and then after a few matches of experiencing this find myself with no motivation to keep playing.  This has to change. 

Message 59 of 66 (526 Views)

★ Pro

Do guys see what is the issue with zerg or following orders are the same problem.

BF needs to carter more towards causalization to jump in and play.  This should require no 3rd party apps/hardware. BF2 was on the right path but it was dropped. 

Communication between players. 

- Commander in game,  It allows a player to fill when needed and resign and go back to play on the same server. Not having to leave the server you are on is huge. 

This gives squad support while sending different squad to different locations(break zerg). A bunch of squad leaders with no guidance will start grouping together because they think others are not taking the right action. 

- Expand Comm rose,  this not just about giving different orders, request for something or thank you for squad only.  We need close by comms and spot.  Even turning direct to someone and chat(type). 

Voice(mic) comms can exist but it shouldn't be the main method. No communication between squad this is because we are relying on voice comms which squad will be on 3rd party on different servers. 

Following orders is simply two issues.

- Communication as above

- Points I can cap 1 flag and have squad leader order on another being defend I get points for both.  Why?  If I am not near defending why should I get points for following orders.  Following orders/ team request should give big points. 

Example A)  Request Ammo close by - get 50 points. B) Drop ammo - 25 points. 

Having Zerg buster vehicles(bombers) is BS as it just creates a big hammer for squashing ants, it just leads ants quitting. 

Message 60 of 66 (514 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help