What area of gameplay you want to see improved for Battlefield 6?

by Teal_Pipo_Fredo

Original Post

Re: What area of gameplay you want to see improved for Battlefield 6?

★★ Novice
@Teal_Pipo_Fredo make helis nonscrub friendly. anyone can pilot a helicopter in BF4 and dominate. It would be nice if ariel vehicles actually had a high skill level
Message 31 of 66 (643 Views)

@asarimilk how would you do air vehicles differently?

While it was fairly easy for the old control scheme to "click" for players, only true aces were able to keep their birds up in the sky long enough to top the scoreboards imo.

Depending on the era BF6 takes place in, we might see the return of lock on anti air missiles

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 32 of 66 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Beside gameplay another thing I would like to see improved is a 'live update' during the server queue. Similar to BF3/BF4, where you could see the scoreboard & tickets while you waited to join.

Message 33 of 66 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Trokey66 wrote:

@ElliotLH wrote:
@Trokey66Cheers. It just feels like the sensible option as both camps should be happy.

The drive to make BF a superleet espirt game needs to be dropped.

The Tryhards will always tryhard but the 'casuals' need to be able to have fun too. 

Absolutely, it needs to be dropped as the end result is that almost nobody is totally satisfied. While it's understandable why they gave it a go it just doesn't really work.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 34 of 66 (631 Views)

★ Pro

@TTZ_Dipsy wrote:

@asarimilk how would you do air vehicles differently?

While it was fairly easy for the old control scheme to "click" for players, only true aces were able to keep their birds up in the sky long enough to top the scoreboards imo.

Depending on the era BF6 takes place in, we might see the return of lock on anti air missiles

Air vehicle like infantry get easier over time,  maybe add-ons not always positive only or here's an idea we have powerful Anti-Air Elite Pickups that appear based on the performance of the pilot.  That way AAEP does not hinder novices. 

Message 35 of 66 (607 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@DingoKillr 

@TTZ_Dipsy wrote:

@AsariMilk how would you do air vehicles differently?

Imo bfbc2 was where the air vehicles were best, from BF3 onwards they dumbed them right down just so anyone could jump in and do whatever.

Which is why the game suffers when it comes to balancing them now.
The skies are filled with aircraft usually for the entire match if they’re available which means they add more AA and in the end both ground and air complain.

There needs to be a much bigger learning curve just like bfbc2.

Message 36 of 66 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

No inflatous rank system anymore. We do not need 500 rank levels, this is insane. 

20 rank levels would be good, everything beyond 50 is nonsense.

Message 37 of 66 (589 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Squads and communication for sure.

The squad system has remained the same since Battlefield Bad Company 1 from 13 years ago. Although they've fiddled with squad sizes, the system has largely gone without any improvements over the past decade and has paled in comparison to the squad system from even Battlefield 2 from 16 years ago.

Communication has also been an issue for a long time with Battlefield 5 being the worst offender with the removal of 3D spotting. The comm rose and HUD has for a long time been woefully inadequate in quickly communicating intention and alerts and with voice comms being squad only, makes it nigh impossible ot communicate with people right next to you.

Hopefully these can be improved for BF6.

Message 38 of 66 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Tweaking Conquest would be a high priority to me.    3-4 things bug off the top of my head.  1)  matches that drag on too long and aren't close.  2)  you're controlling majority flags or more at the end and lose while doing so.   3)  Zerg play.  4)lack of playing objectives

I'd like to see them address those things in tweaking Conquest.    They should make it so a team that holds majority at the end can win as long as they keep holding majority.  I would tweak it further so it would also address matches that go on too long.  There's another game called Splatoon 2 that has a splat zones mode that plays a bit like a 4vs4 Conquest.  And it has 2 timers which are basically ticket countdowns. a primary and secondary one, except in this case a teams wins when the primary countdown goes to zero.  The match can end really quick if the primary countdown continues without interruption.  But once interrupted, by the other  team taking back control of the zone(s),   the team that lost the zones gets a secondary countdown  that will have to be worked through first before their  primary countdown can continue again.   This allows for teams to still reasonably comeback even if the other team's primary countdown gets really low.  It also better  rewards controlling the zone for an uninterrupted longer period of time.  Thus it would reward better the holding of flags.  And 

I'd also like to see kills not take off tickets in Conquest.  I feel like this would emphasize controlling the objectives a bit more.  Kills of course would still be absolutely  necessary to take and hold objectives if the enemy is in the way.  But there would be less getting by on pure farming.  And it would allow teams to push attacks more without incurring  the  double penalty of losing tickets from deaths while also losing them from the flag bleed.  IT would promote more action as well.

ZErg is the last thing that needs to be addressed.  Maybe the greater focus on controlling objectives that the above changes would bring would help with Zerg.  But also maps could be designed better to eliminate ZERg.  The UI/deployment screen/game tools could do more to help the player be aware of what the fronts are and how well defended they are or are not.   Features such as respawning on any squad mate, revives, and very short respawns could be tweaked to help combat Zerg tendencies as well.  The emphasis on spawning on your squad even if your 1 squad member left is on a flag with 15 others goes against what is the best move for the team and promotes Zerg.

MOre improvements:

I'd like to see the  picking up kits return in their full glory and  the kits should be easy to see on the ground to facilitate this.

Commander ultimately never really fit in with 64+ strangers.  in the past if one side had a commander and other didn't then it sucked for the side that didn't.  commander was mostly boring too.  

inter squad comms never going to work with 64 strangers.

They just need to improve the spotting system. I thought 3d spot was simpler but could be toned down so it didn't show thru smoke and couldn't be spammed.   And improve in-game information and encourage certain deployment choices including where you can deploy and what kind of kit.  

Number and skill balance would help the game a lot and should be improved given all the stats they keep.

I would like to see animations disappear.  AT the very least significantly shortened with much easier on the eyes animations and not have the massive 1st person camera up/down/eft/right pans.  

I'd like to see less where's waldo and more straight up battles.  Less clutter on maps.  EAsier to pick out enemy from environment.  Fewer hiding spots.  Less (micro) areas to go to encourage (macro) battles over larger areas.  

GAme shouldn't be as fatalistic when it comes to pulling off fun/risky plays.  I thought BFV was too buttoned down in that respect. Much harder to cut off angles because enemies could so easily blend in with environment or hide in it.  

I'd improve shooting rockets at tanks.  I felt my average shot at a tank with a rocket was something that would dink off the armor for 2 points of damage.  Meanwhile tanks had 3x scopes, laser shells and overly generous splash damage.

Message 39 of 66 (537 Views)

★★ Guide

@CELSI_GER wrote:

No inflatous rank system anymore. We do not need 500 rank levels, this is insane. 

20 rank levels would be good, everything beyond 50 is nonsense.

What you would think of ranking system where player rank would either go up or down based on performance? That there's skill ladder build into it. 20 skill ranks.

Message 40 of 66 (514 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help