Semi realistic hardcore approach...

by BadBoiGunNer

Original Post

Semi realistic hardcore approach...

★★★★ Novice

Bf 4, 5 flops because off all the arcade gun play and all gun and attachments.... will that what really ruin it for me. And no hardcore. Look at squad a mod that was base off bf game but to a more realistic approach. But still a growing community. But with bf spin off with destruction and AI bot just like battlefront and less teamwork and logistics and allowed 1 man tanking .... and gotta have slide mechanism, factional weapon optional. I think they future of bf might have a chance.... don’t make games for the young gamer teenagers crowd, aim for the older crowd who was around when bf first came out on the realistic cool epic approach. That was cool when I was a kid and I’m pretty sure it will be too for the new generation of gamers 

Message 1 of 27 (1,216 Views)

Re: Semi realistic hardcore approach...

Call of Duty's popularity proves arcadey is well receieved. The vast majority of players doesn't seem to want bots in MP and a lot of high profile youtubers even want single player to get the axe as well. With all the debate over TTK/TTD I think the community made it clear a proper Core and Hardcore seperation is needed.

Older BF titles are split between old era and modern -- we're burnt out with World War 1/2 and while you don't want anything arcadey/farfetched, we had Battlefield 2142 with concept weapons and stuff and players loved it.

I have no doubt the team learned from 5 and will deliver something special.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 27 (1,199 Views)

★ Pro
@BadBoiGunNer about Hardcore btw, for me it's: 1 bullet = 1 kill, so health wasn't lowered but damage was maxed through the roof. I used to play 'HC Dom' with mates all the time. But it was changed in BF1/BF5... Wish they bring back 'true hardcore' in the future.
Message 3 of 27 (1,181 Views)

Hero

While I'm not a fan of Hardcore mode myself and prefer the arcade style, I do believe that there should be a dedicated mode at launch for people who do want to play it. 

There is so little chance of Dice making both camps happy that they probably shouldn't bother. The TTK debacles BFV had highlighted that quite well.  

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 27 (1,178 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@zenn_nme wrote:
@BadBoiGunNerabout Hardcore btw, for me it's: 1 bullet = 1 kill, so health wasn't lowered but damage was maxed through the roof. I used to play 'HC Dom' with mates all the time. But it was changed in BF1/BF5... Wish they bring back 'true hardcore' in the future.

Would the ability to modify the Health Level, Health Regeneration and Bullet Damage Multiplier parameters suffice, as we had it in e.g. BF4?

Message 5 of 27 (1,143 Views)

@BadBoiGunNer It honestly sounds like you just want to play Squad. Squad started off as Battlefield 2 "Project Reality" because even the old school BF2 game play wasn't hard core enough for a small portion of the player base.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 27 (1,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

It would make sense for them to offer hardcore from launch. There is a definite and sustainable audience for it amongst Battlefield players. More so than many of the current game modes on offer in the various Battlefield games.

That being said, Battlefield has always been an arcadey 'pick-up-and-play' kind of shooter and delivering that kind of gameplay should be their main focus. Hopefully all this extra time they've taken will allow them to offer both soft and hardcore modes.

Message 7 of 27 (1,095 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I detest hardcore (and TDM for that matter) but accept that many do. In that respect, I also hope that there is a hardcore mode from launch so the masochists have somewhere to go.

Whatever happens, DICE need to abandon the one size fits all 'Hardcore lite' approach, it pleases no one. 

Message 8 of 27 (1,093 Views)

★ Pro
@CyberDyme Yeah that would be enough. Standard smile
Message 9 of 27 (1,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Normal servers for those who want a BF3/4 experience and Hardcore for those who want the no killcam/no spotting etc experience.

The only way to satisfy both is to give them their own servers.

Sliding can go rot in hell though. People should not do ice skating on soil.

Message 10 of 27 (1,052 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help