Re: Rental Server Program Question (Badmins)

by lrk1964

Original Post

Rental Server Program Question (Badmins)

★★★ Novice

I have a question about the Rental Server Program with regards to Battlefield 3.

What are the Terms of Service that the person or persons that rent a server are expected to adhere to? I ask after being globally banned a few years ago on BF3, BF4 and BF1 from a particular clan that rents multiple servers after having a disagreement on their forums. No rules were broken in game, no harassing players, cheating, racism, nothing of the sort but ended up banned without a reason given for something outside the scope of the game or server they host. All stemming from a complaint about a particular NA server I like to play and end up not being to play on any server on multiple games. All this because their admins have a overall bad attitude on their forums.

I paid good money to buy BF3, BF4, and BF1 and cannot play any NA servers that are the only ones populated and have low ping as this group are the only game in town. I'm forced to play EU servers where I have high ping and the gameplay is rather pitiful because of it. To me this is unwarranted discrimination and I would like to know EA's stance on this kind of behavior from these people that rent servers. Classic badmin behavior that only furthers the downfall of these great games, yes I could buy a new copy of the games and circumvent the unwarranted ban but why should I have to do that to play a game I already paid for.

Message 1 of 2 (1,349 Views)

Re: Rental Server Program Question (Badmins)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@south0fheavenHere is my (personal) view on your situation:

FACT 1. "The-phenomena-called-bad-admins/ badmins" is - simply put a fact of life within the global Battlefield (version x) ecosystem. (and in many other online games as well)
FACT 2. A "badadmin" is a human-being. an unpredictable carbon-based-lifeform
So far I personally have found nothing on this planet which can become more corrupted then human beings. period.

So given these 2 facts, what options do you have when running into a bad-admin (or a totally non admin-ed server)?

A - YOU as a BF3-PLAYER have chosen to login to THEIR SERVER right?
So take BACK your own power and responsibility for having a great BF3 experience again!

Simply put: If you do not like what is going (in any way, shape or form) on their, SIMPLY LOG OFF again
This will save you (and your health) endless frustrating hours of:
- communicating with a(n group of) individuals who do(es) not care and/or who do not want to change (at all)
- trying to change the content of a certain (clan's?) rotten BF3-server ecosystem and/or corrupt badmin behaviour.

B - Use the build-in server-browser (yes BF3 still has  functional one ;-) to find better (moderated) BF3 servers instead
This is - to me - the most efficient way to stay happy and frag on on the BF3,x,y,z, Battlefields

C - Write down their IP-addresses and use online IP-TO-GEOLOCATION tools
Tool 1 
Tool2 

to find the best BF3 server closest to your own location aka "the BF3 server which gives you the lowest PING-times"

I hope these tip helps you to simple let go of the Badmin and Frag On elsewhere !

Message 2 of 2 (799 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help