Re: Please DICE, No Vehicle Classes (AKA Tanker), (AKA Pilot) Battlefield 2021

by ragnarok013

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@fisknyllet17 The BF1 had a better version of the vehicle classes than BFV though because of the customization vs the basic sten.
Message 61 of 93 (546 Views)

★★ Guide

@UP_Hawxxeye wrote:
@fisknyllet17The BF1 had a better version of the vehicle classes than BFV though because of the customization vs the basic sten.

Quite agreed.

Message 62 of 93 (540 Views)

@TTZ_Dipsy wrote:

@Popa2caps wrote:

@TTZ_Dipsy 

What do you mean by "Realistic"?

Well I just mean it's not as far fetched as it could possibly be. In BF1 for example, it's period accurate for pilots and tankers to have smaller arms like shotguns and carbine pistols - something about being able to drive a heavy tank and bail out with JAVs and a machine gun in hand just feels off (yes, I understand we've been able to do this before).

@TTZ_Dipsy I was an Armor officer and when we dismounted each of us in the tank had both a Pistol and an M-4 so it's not unrealistic to have more than a side arm in a modern FPS when you're a tanker.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 63 of 93 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@fisknyllet17 wrote:

@Popa2caps You argue eloquently, I'll give you that. I can't recall seeing that many threads objecting to vehicle classes during the life span of the bf1 forums though. At least not in the console section. So based on that, I'd think people in general don't have that much against it. I find it hard to believe that vehicle classes would be the deal breaker when it comes to how popular the game is and how well it sells.

I believe he is equating lack of total sandbox freedom with 'vehicle classes' in BF1/V, when it is 'Historical restrictions' that apply to those games rather than classes in this sense.

As far as I am aware Battlefield has NEVER had the total freedom he desires.

@ragnarok013 Mythbusters proved you could actually polish a poo.... 😜 

Message 64 of 93 (538 Views)

@fisknyllet17 wrote:

@Popa2caps You argue eloquently, I'll give you that. I can't recall seeing that many threads objecting to vehicle classes during the life span of the bf1 forums though. At least not in the console section. So based on that, I'd think people in general don't have that much against it. I find it hard to believe that vehicle classes would be the deal breaker when it comes to how popular the game is and how well it sells.

@fisknyllet17 it's not a hard limit for me but it really breaks the sandbox for me as you're pretty useless if your vehicle gets destroyed which encourages people to simply respawn and cost the team a ticket. I'd rather they just eliminate vehicle classes entirely as it really brings nothing to the game. What stopped people using vehicles for taxis was more that time period of BF1\5 since we didn't have skyscrapers for people to try to get to. People could still use a plane to get onto high ground, sit there, have a buddy spawn on them and drop a beacon then respawn as sniper which would cost both a plane and a ticket.

I also want the forced vehicle animations removed as it grinds the gameplay to a halt and prevents many only in Battlefield moments.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 65 of 93 (537 Views)

★★ Guide

@ragnarok013 I'm not really for or against tbh. I just wanted to make a point that if something has a negative or positive impact on the popularity of the game I don't think it's gonna be this. I might be underestamating the importance of the issue though.

Message 66 of 93 (491 Views)

@ragnarok013 

Assuming BF6 will take a more modern/futuristic route, I can see soldiers having a little more at their disposal, but I just don't think you should have too much if you decide to bail as a driver.

It costs a ticket but I'd much rather someone "goes down with their ship" because "why not, they'd just die outside anyway", than somebody who just bails at the first sign of damage because they have a plethora of weapons to use and then an enemy gets a free tank.

I don't think it would matter as much if you were forced to repair from the outside - regardless of loadout you'd be exposed

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 67 of 93 (485 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TTZ_Dipsy The people who cannot stand dying will bail regardless of their kit. Nothing can stop them other than locking them forever inside the tank.

Meanwhile more reasonable players like yours truly will always go down with the tank regardless of kit.
Message 68 of 93 (454 Views)

Re: Please No, Vehicle Classes... Battlefield 2021

★★★★ Pro

Far more people enjoyed BF3/BF4 even with 'camper taxi's' and I enjoyed killing them with my MAV pushing them off their roof tops. I'm sure many would disagree with you to keep the other classes in the game, it needs to go back to BF3/BF4 style gameplay and forget everything about BFV if they don't want to be on the chopping block.

Message 69 of 93 (426 Views)

Re: Please No, Vehicle Classes... Battlefield 2021

★ Pro
@TankerFlanker if you are going off preferred play than BF1 not BF4 as many like to claimed.
Message 70 of 93 (417 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help