Re: Make Rush shine again, bring the best of BC to BF6

by CarbonCarl

Original Post

Make Rush shine again, bring the best of BC to BF6

★★★★ Novice

Remember when dice doesn't know why gamers loved battlefield bad company 2?

Well, today I just want to make everything clear. This is not a BC vs BF debate.This thread highlight what best about BC2. BF6 should be what it is, including what make BC memorable. 

------

Fact: Let me put this plain and simple, all those best time I ever had, was in BC2. I have good moment in BF3/4/1/V too, those are good games, but NONE of them, could EVER come close to those moments I ever had in BC2. For 6 months straight I stopped playing other games all together, I was so damn addicted and enjoyed playing the heck out of BC2.

Why is that? 

Point 1. Outstanding maps design 
  • Maps were totally different from each others, different visuals, different feels.

• BC2 enforces 1 map could only play a certain few game modes, if that map doesn't fit Rush, you don't have Rush mode on that map. This allow no mediocre experiences ever, hence the excitement last really long. 

Point 2. Rush mode on Rush maps

This is the single biggest reason makes BC2 the best. I have a lot great conquest games in BF3/4/1, those were great moments. But playing Rush in BC2, hand down 20/10 experience. Some BF3 Rush was really good too.

Grand Operation or Breakthrough or Rush, all it need is maps with good design philosophy:

• Carefully crafted with different sectors. Every time the attacker capture 1 sector, it so damn satisfied! make players so excited to advance to the next.

• Arming and disarming Mcoms create a lot of tense/epic moments, have the Mcoms well placed would create fair and fun engagements for both sides. 

BC2 Rush

BF3 Rush

Point 3. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)

in BC2, everything was so few (game mode, weapon, attachment, vehicle), but because Point 1 & 2 were so good, it doesn't matter. More is good, but each of them have to be meaningful, not overlap. 

• Care for UX, Item selection/specialization is simple and fast.Everyone could change stuff in a few clicks without having going through 3 - 4 screens.

• The level progression was simple, but long enough.

Point 4. Other things

Little thing matters, together they make great game

• Campaign is fun and memorable, you can watch random conversation here (they talk to each other when out of combat, great stuff!)

• Recon class have tools to be aggressive

• Infantry camo auto change to match with the map setting

• Tank is formidable 

• There were visual and audio cues for everything (you got alert to get out of a collapsing building)

• Each class has its own voice cover, you can tell them apart just by hearing their talking

• Private servers 

• you can add more here [...]

Once again, if BF6 could levitate what best of BC series, it could be the best BF of all time.

Message 1 of 3 (660 Views)

The team admitted the BF1 maps weren't built with Rush in mind which is all good with me since they tried their best to make it work but I wasn't too impressed with BFV (I understand the need to give defenders a bit of an advantage but most of the objectives could easily be sniped from long range).

Tight spaces with lots of cover, or at least sunken-in objective areas (think BF1 Rupture) would revitalize the mode imo. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 3 (587 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@namvn

I agree, Rush mode was amazing and was my go to mode for a long time. It was until BF4 that I went full conquest.

BC2 will always be my favourite but man had some great times in BF3 with Rush. The full team parachuting off the dam(if I remember correctly) and pushing through Metro, it was insane.

But I also remember how bad the beta was for BF3, arming the bombs and falling through the map floor lmao, there were invisible holes everywhere!

But yes, make Rush great again.
Message 3 of 3 (554 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help