Re: Let's all WRITE DICE/EA? We just need where/how to write them.

by 2042onthemove

Original Post

Let's all WRITE DICE/EA? We just need where/how to write them.

★ Guide

Let's all write DICE/EA to put these final months into a true anti-cheat code detection system, let's say an aiport scanner type of thing, where when someone dies and before the are redeployed, any unauthorized code will be recognized?

Point is get a truly anti-cheat code system -- NOW -- not years from now. They would sell 2X to 3X if not more $$ if they did.

If unauthorized code detected immediately thrown out for the day or two?

Does anybody know who to write, where to write, cause this needs to be heard and acted upon.

Seriously, if they can't deal with it I'm not going to buy Battlefield 2042.

Message 1 of 5 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@2042onthemoveThe implications of what you are suggesting are not easily, or cheaply, implemented.

The “code” would have to be scanned, which I suppose could be done via proxy to eliminate any induced latency… however, the question becomes what do you look for?

In a game that people can develop a high level of skill in, say CS:GO, 100% headshots is not unheard of. Some obvious stuff can be caught and reported, but the reality is that only the most egregious cheaters get caught. Most cheaters don’t leave the programs running. So what then?

Cheaters have ruined many games for me too and I agree it needs to fought against, but I am just pointing out how difficult it is to do…

Message 2 of 5 (603 Views)

Community Manager

@2042onthemove 

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. 

This forum is in part for receiving feedback so if your fellow players feel the same way, they too can post here.

barry.png
Message 3 of 5 (548 Views)

★ Guide

Your point is taken. They should know their code -- headshot experts or not -- great players too -- but if there is a code that the cheating system implements ... any code different than what DICE/EA know ... throw the person off for the day or two.

I know it must not be easy cause the company that gets anti-cheat right will be in great demand from multiplayer companies!

It seems, that a system ground-up element, like when you couldn't copy a CD for instance, something, that knows their own code and know if there is any changes or additional code.

They need to pay some top programmers for sure. Hire hackers too. Get this right -- get it NOW!

Message 4 of 5 (515 Views)

EA DICE Team
Conversations about cheating or anti-cheat, not something we allow AHQ.

So I will be closing down the topic.

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (495 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help