Re: I have to admit im pretty excited for BF6

by Popa2caps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I have to admit im pretty excited for BF6

★★★ Guide

I wish the youtube influeners would stop talking crap and just wait till the trailer drops.

Again i am pretty excited

If its going to be 64 v 64 that is a pretty epic battle.

Message 1 of 58 (2,678 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Hudson009

We all need to wait to see on what EA / DICE and their other studios working on new Battlefield has for us.. Standard smile

Trailer is Coming Soon..
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 58 (2,628 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I think we all are a bit exicited and hoping we get what we want, I never rely on the youtubers - most of them is a sad bunch trying to make coin.

I dont mind different gamemodes like Battle Royale and Capture The Flag as long as I dont have to play them Wink

I havent really set my mind on the mobile stuff and the crossplatform thingie but if the crossplatform can unite a lot more players I think it will be for the good.

And yes 64x64 FTW !

Message 2 of 58 (2,649 Views)

@Hudson009

We all need to wait to see on what EA / DICE and their other studios working on new Battlefield has for us.. Standard smile

Trailer is Coming Soon..
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 58 (2,629 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@WindowsManTv_CZE 

The word "Soon" should be banned, Soon...

Message 4 of 58 (2,592 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I am cautiously optimistic with how much time they've had to work on it but Dice Sweden has a history of indulging in their own creative juices and failing to really develop any of the ideas they implement. Hopefully with the support of the other studios working on this game, there will be people who can take an objective look at what Dice Sweden wants to do and let them know what will and won't work well... And for Dice Sweden to actually listen and not just go ahead and do what they feel like anyway.

Message 5 of 58 (2,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I am honestly pessimistic about the game until I am given a reason not to.

DICE in the recent times have focused too much on the fluff and glitter while neglecting the core gameplay loop

Before anything else BF6 needs to:

1. Have as few bugs as possible
  2. Be as balanced as possible
  3. Have as few gameplay nuisances (animations, attrition etc) as possible
  4. It needs to be able to handle foul play efficiently

and above all

• It needs to support the communities/platoons by allowing them to have customizable and persistent servers to rent.

Without these things, it does not matter if the lobby can fit 128 or even  256 players and have photo-realistic lighting and textures that only 4 digit cost GPUs can provide, it will still be a bunch of non combustible garbage inside a fancy bag (like BFV).

Message 6 of 58 (2,554 Views)

★ Pro

I am excited and afraid at the same time.  64 vs 64 battles should be exciting, but with little teamwork and squad/team level leadership.  I don't see an increase in player count making any difference as people will keep playing like they always have, and most of the matches on these servers will be trash.   

Message 7 of 58 (2,484 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Hudson009 I’m super excited for this, way more than what I was for BFV. BFV just seemed doomed to fail even before release, I don’t get that vibe with BF6.

The reason I’m hyped is because they have gone full send with this, they have put maximum resources on the game with all their best dev teams which has never happened before! And just to add to that, although not completely confirmed they have been working on this for over 4years! That is an impressive amount of time to spend on a multiplayer game that has never happened with a battlefield title.

They have already confirmed they are currently playtesting and polishing the game with what 6months left before it even releases, what game is polishing at this point usually? It’s impressive.

And then just to top it off it’s modern which everyone wants.
They have learned there lesson from BFV and gone full send this time, I just know this is gonna be a beast of a game.

Message 8 of 58 (2,456 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't feel the excitement. Have become apathetic. Video games don't anymore excite me as they used to. My fantasy bubble has collapsed. I am pretty sure whatever class-loadout system they come up with will be teared down by community for being too limiting as role play esque if it has any resemblance of it or it will be repetition of past having only four dimensions and watered down level of characteristics. Boredom -_-

Message 9 of 58 (2,448 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Skill4Reel wrote:

I am excited and afraid at the same time.  64 vs 64 battles should be exciting, but with little teamwork and squad/team level leadership.  I don't see an increase in player count making any difference as people will keep playing like they always have, and most of the matches on these servers will be trash.   

I'l be honest, the sound of 64v64 sounds horrible. Game can already feel a bit claustrophobic at times with 64 players. I can only imagine what it will be like with so many people concentrated around 50m x 50m objective areas. Planetside 2 can feel like a monotonous grind when objectives have a lot of players fighting over them and I'd be concerned the next Battlefield might end up feeling the same.

That being said I know very little of how they plan on handling a higher player count or even if they even will increase the player count. I'm just afraid that it is going to end up a situation where more simply isn't better.

Message 10 of 58 (2,407 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help