Games Similar to Battlefield?

by MrHarvo720

Original Post

Games Similar to Battlefield?

★★★ Newbie

Many players have been disappointed with the last entries of Battlefield, especially 2042. As such they are looking for other alternatives to replace their Battlefield gaming time. Here's a list of a ten games like Battlefield.

Top 10 Games Similar to Battlefield 

Message 1 of 9 (3,899 Views)

Re: Games Similar to Battlefield?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Nice list of course @MrHarvo720 !

Question is though if they are all 'similar' to Battlefield?

Though one could also ask if e.g. BF2042 is 'similar' to Battlefield?  

To me, some of the things that makes Battlefield special to me and where I like it the best (and reason for not considering to play other games in the past) have been things like these:

1. Mix of infantry and land/air/sea vehicle battles.

2. Multiple maps, with varied content of open land, buildings, close quarters....

3. Time setting is present time/contemporary to just near-future setting (e.g. I did not like BF1 much.  And I do not like futuristic arcade laser gaming either).

4. Somewhat 'realistic aspects' of the physics of the gameplay and weapon mechanics.  So we absolutely need to experience and manage e.g. bullet drop over range.  We need to experience the difference between weapon classes. We need to have weapon recoil.  We need to have health and ammo depletion.  Same as well for all the vehicles in the gameplay, the armor and movements needs to resemble somewhat 'real life'...

5. The social aspects as teamwork should make a difference and be incentivized in the gameplay.  I am not looking for a lone-wolf shooter game, but want to see that collaboration is being encouraged and rewarded in the game.  So both teamwork and squad play should have functions enabled in the game to facilitate this.  E.g. squad management, squad communication, leader assignment, objectives assignment, added points for working together as a squad, leveraging medic kits and ammo kits, revivals, repairs, clan/soldier emblems, tags, and a community platform for organization and sharing... 

Now we could add more to this list, but think these are my absolute 'must haves'...

Others may chip in with more core points, in case I forgot some.

But question is now which of the other games that you listed there are checking off all the boxes now, to be true contenders and 'similar' to Battlefield?

Message 2 of 9 (3,482 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MrHarvo720 - You forgot (to me) the most important one! A community driven (L?)evolution game which looks almost EXACTLY like BattlefieldBasketball
only much better. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the BF3 Reality Mod !!!

Message 3 of 9 (2,865 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

World War 3 is the closest to Battlefield games in my opinion.

Message 4 of 9 (2,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

right

Message 5 of 9 (2,290 Views)

★ Apprentice

There are no games that replace Battlefield. Sure COD can be fun but it's not Battlefield.

Message 6 of 9 (2,042 Views)

★★★ Guide

Actually, that is hard to find another FPS game to replace Battlefield game.

Message 7 of 9 (1,954 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@XDD1953615 wrote:

Actually, that is hard to find another FPS game to replace Battlefield game.

Yes it is.

Message 8 of 9 (1,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I am looking forward to Embark Studios' free to play title The Finals which seems to be four 3 men teams fighting over objective in similar fashion to squad deathmatch. It certainly brings back memories because it's developed by ex-DICE developers and has level of destruction FPS genre has never seen before, I suppose.

Edit: Some may find its visuals and theme to be not suitable for their taste, but I enjoy dynamic gameplay I have seen in trailers.

Message 9 of 9 (1,424 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help