EA response to MW

by Lancelot_du_Lac

Original Post

Re: EA response to MW

★★★★★ Pro
@OskooI_007 It's like they are not even trying...
Message 11 of 18 (2,789 Views)

★★ Guide

BF 2042 is right where EA/DICE want it to be right now, slowly fading away.....

No big hoopla of cutting support after S4, or players screaming for new content, because in 6 months this game will have almost no one playing.

Then they can hype up the NEW BF and start the money train all over. This time it will be touted as a 'Love Letter to the Fans'.. Oh wait...

On second thought they will probably just hype it up with cool marketing videos, which is really the only thing they do well at this point....

Message 12 of 18 (1,175 Views)

★★ Expert

i find the idea of Battlefield and Call of Duty beign in competition somewhat laughable

now i have to address that these statistics are a bit warped and span differetn time frames but nontheless they paint a very good picture that CoD has pretty much always outsold BF, the only exception to this rule so far was Battlefield 1 with about 25 million units sold in 2016 against Call of Duty infinite Warfare which sold according to the website 13.6 million units (https://gamerant.com/highest-selling-call-of-duty-games-ranked-by-amount-sold-world-at-war-modern-wa...).

this entire rivalry has always been about which game "is better", and now we have arrived at the other end of the spectrum....

so instead of comparing different games with oneanother we shoudl refocus on how we improove the game we choose to invest time in....
but that is only my humble opinion

Message 13 of 18 (1,160 Views)

★★★★ Guide

At this point I am beginning to believe that EA have significant shares in Activision.
Killing off the competition from the inside.

PC BF2042 barely playable and plagued with crashes.

Message 14 of 18 (1,145 Views)

★★★★ Guide

To be fair I wouldn't pay £60 to play CoD as its just not for me.
Warzone 2 definitely has my interest.
When CoD is cheaper I will pick it up for the single player campaign and maybe to unlock guns for Warzone.

BF2042 has been an unmitigated disaster.  By far the worst BF game to date.
The PC version especially is a joke.

Message 15 of 18 (1,136 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@246stNSW wrote:

BF 2042 is right where EA/DICE want it to be right now, slowly fading away.....

No big hoopla of cutting support after S4, or players screaming for new content, because in 6 months this game will have almost no one playing.

Then they can hype up the NEW BF and start the money train all over. This time it will be touted as a 'Love Letter to the Fans'.. Oh wait...

On second thought they will probably just hype it up with cool marketing videos, which is really the only thing they do well at this point....

hey man, you gotta admit that the marketing team is on point!  (no sarcasm, marketing team is excellent)

Message 16 of 18 (1,111 Views)

★★ Guide
@Psubond Definitely! which is why I said it! LOL
Message 17 of 18 (1,097 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Lancelot_du_Lac Really feels like EA/DICE have given up trying to aim for No.1 position in FPS market. Which is a damn shame given back in the peak days of BF3 we all thought BF would dethrone CoD.
Message 18 of 18 (754 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help