EA response to MW

by Lancelot_du_Lac

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA response to MW

★★★★★ Pro

If memory serves me correctly, EA or Activision usually tried to compete against each other. It was great for both franchises, because it was a way to engage/keep/steal the player base.

Activision are launching its latest iteration of MW, and EA replies with ...crickets? Not even a new Portal map, or two? 

It is usually argued that there is very little overlap between the two franchises, so one doesn't affect the other too much. I guess we will see shortly.

Message 1 of 18 (2,192 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA response to MW

★★★★★ Pro
Message 11 of 18 (2,788 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert
@Lancelot_du_Lac Steam player peak has dropped significantly over the last month.

I expected a boost for Orbital remake but player peak was around 7.8k last weekend. Maybe the PC issue had an effect.

Current steam peak is 5.5k which is not good.
Message 2 of 18 (2,157 Views)

Champion

@Tank2042Man wrote:
@Lancelot_du_LacSteam player peak has dropped significantly over the last month.

I expected a boost for Orbital remake but player peak was around 7.8k last weekend. Maybe the PC issue had an effect.

I agree, the player count must have been adversely affected by the serious PC performance issues the game has been having recently.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 18 (2,109 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

DICE responded by congratulating Infanty Ward on a successful launch.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/1586063530855469056?s=20&t=1ahyfj6M_Wc8MsxhaqWwgg

Message 4 of 18 (2,077 Views)

★★ Guide

Saturday morning and 2042 servers are empty the day after MW2 is released, coincidence?

Tried to play conquest, one server running hourglass half full of AI and 1 lobby for manifest where I was player 2 of 128, not looking good.

They best fix this train wreck.

Message 5 of 18 (2,008 Views)

★★ Expert

@RayD_O1 wrote:

@Tank2042Man wrote:
@Lancelot_du_LacSteam player peak has dropped significantly over the last month.

I agree, the player count must have been adversely affected by the serious PC performance issues the game has been having recently.

I know I haven't touched it since the crashing started, and multiple of the people I play with regularly are the same. I have to imagine it is a decent chunk of players on PC 

Message 6 of 18 (1,998 Views)

★ Pro

My copy of MW2 arrived in the mail this morning.  I did not buy it for multiplayer though as I have always preferred the Battlefield experience over what was in COD.  I have probably only played the previous COD's multiplayer maybe two or three times in the years that I've owned it.  Choosing instead to continue playing BF1.

Of course I will give MW2 a try but from past experience Ground War is not as enjoyable as Conquest or Breakthrough so BF2042 will still get my play time.  It still would have been cool to see a new exciting announcement for this game now.  I guess the new season is not too far off.  

Message 7 of 18 (1,934 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@LS5_71 Dude if it’s not fixed by now it’s never getting fixed!
Message 8 of 18 (1,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Well... i know what my response to MW2 is.....great job guys...you nailed it again Thumbs up

Message 9 of 18 (1,894 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm sure DICE/EA will come up with a idea to compete with MW2

Something for the whales every £10 you spend your get 10% extra health.

EA also ready to offer ultimate team for BF

Packs of cards we will make useless next month so pay again Standard smile

Message 10 of 18 (1,874 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help