Re: EA Revenue Forecast Misses Estimates Following Battlefield Flop

by maskedocelot

Original Post

★ Pro
@OskooI_007 With 71% of EA business coming from live services, why do they not focus more live services on BF at the moment, or even "Sell anything" like cool vehicle skins or cool soldier outfits? It feels like they have already moved on to the next BF game already and given up on BF 2042. Why do they not focus on making some actual extra $$$ and so they can outsource some needed extra staff to get the Season Pass out immediately???

I mean I like what the suit has to say, but I can't say I trust them anymore...
Message 11 of 13 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DeepSixxxx  Probably because 2042's player base is so small there's little money to be made selling cosmetics at this time. EA is apparently more interested in growing 2042's player base so there's a larger audience to sell cosmetics to

Message 12 of 13 (721 Views)

★ Guide

Battlefield 1 was actually their best attempt at live service for me, despite it not being billed as one.

I'd much rather have them release "map packs" for free revolving around themes and then staying in their own rotation. With the then unintrusive cosmetic based mtx. Rather than it being framed around temporary challenges.

Temporary challenges are one the reasons I don't want to buy their products as it means teammates won't be playing half the time because they're doing pointless stuff to meet the challenge.

And keeping the map packs contained within their own rotations along themes means you don't ruin a rotation people like with future content, the same if the weapons and vehicles are locked in to specific "map packs". Like the pacific in battlefield V before they deleted the british and messed up the bridge map with a vehicle upgrade imbalance. Also deleting the pacific rotation was the stupidest decision ever. 

It was very much released as a contained piece of content though and that worked well. Also means they can do their map narrative (assuming no single player) through the grand operations like BF1.

Also hoping they'll detach characters from equipment =\ ... make a product that works =\ .... make one that's fun to play =\ ... have a server browser =\ ... mix up the team between rounds =\ (except breakthrough, att/def rotate)

Didn't buy 2042 it's a horrible looking product =]

Message 13 of 13 (602 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help