Battlefield 6 should take notes from Battlefront II when it comes to offline.

by 45jgq67ui

Original Post

Battlefield 6 should take notes from Battlefront II when it comes to offline.

★★★★ Novice

I have played Star Wars Battlefront II since day 1 in 2017, & even though there's no more content coming to it, I'm still enjoying in thoroughly due to the Instant Action game mode that DICE brought from Pandemic's games. Instant Action basically ensures that the game will live forever since decades from now, I can still play Supremacy (Conquest) offline with bots on any map with whatever settings I choose in BFII. This is something I think DICE made a mistake with in BFV. Battlefield 1942, Vietnam & 2 had the option to play offline Conquest with bots, after that, it was scrapped & replaced with mostly forgettable Single Player campaigns. Instead of focusing on another single player campaign for Battlefield 6, DICE should scrap the campaign, look at the success of Battlefront 2 & Instant Action, & make something similar to that yet with a Battlefield skin on it. It would likely attract a lot of PVE players from Battlefront. I would have loved to play conquest with bots in BFV on maps like Iwo Jima or Pacific Storm, yet that will likely never happen since BFV will die. Also, don't tell me that programming the AI would be difficult, Battlefront II's Instant Action AI is pretty competent & fun to play with, since the AI from BFII runs on Frostbite, it shouldn't be too hard to program them into Battlefield 6.

Message 1 of 19 (3,459 Views)

Re: Battlefield 6 should take notes from Battlefront II when it comes to offline

★★★ Guide
Hey @45jgq67ui
As that would be a great idea!
At the end it is up to EA and dice to come up with such a thing hopefully it will come to battlefield 6 but don't take my word for it.

As for battlefield V, as much as the game has had a bad start it's not going to die completely anytime soon.... player count is still pretty average.

Message 2 of 19 (3,421 Views)

Re: Battlefield 6 should take notes from Battlefront II when it comes to offline

★★★★ Novice

Agreed, since all of DICE, including the Battlefront team who made Instant Action are now fully working on BF6, there’s a better chance now than ever to bring offline bot support back to Battlefield, in a way that offline players would actually enjoy.

Message 3 of 19 (3,403 Views)

★★★ Guide
@45jgq67ui

Let's just hope so!
Message 4 of 19 (3,394 Views)

Something tells me BF6 will have little to no offline components to keep MP the best it can be. I enjoy single player but eith the devs mentioning how difficult it is to reuse those assets in MP, I'd be fine with a scale back.

Westie wants them to outright remove SP but I feel there should still be some sort of tutorial - dedicated multiplayer with bots sounds kind of lame to me though

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 5 of 19 (3,362 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do understand the opinion most of the Battlefield community has when it comes to bots & SP. BFV was kind of a mess when it came to priorities, since the devs focused some resources for War Stories ,Combined Arms, & Firestorm which left core multiplayer content somewhat barren for months until maps like Marita, Metro, & the Pacific arrived. Even if the devs can't bring offline bot conquest, they could just bring something easy to program like a simple, customizable, offline deathmatch with the same brainless AI like Battlefront II Arcade mode, it would likely take not too much time for the devs to program the same, dumb AI just to perform in a deathmatch type mode. I would be fine with that as long as there's no XP gained by kill farming, just to not affect player stats for MP. An offline deathmatch would be much better than something like Combined Arms, which was just dead awful (IMO). 

Message 6 of 19 (3,352 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
The only thing that can saves BATTLEFIELD is to get back to its ROOTS

And this is wat atleast is needed:
  • First of all a CTE Version (to test with the community, listen to it, and help out to fix thing's that users report take them seriously) (like on BF4 you guys did)
  • Battlelog 2.0 (mybe API) Where people/sever owners can Post/Anncounce/Commment on there Team mates, New to form Platoon`s etc etc (like BF3/BF4 had)
  • Own Server with Procon 2.0
  • 1 Site to track down all bugs/fixes (meaning stick on battlefield.com forum) (don`t use numbers of websites ask for bugs/or wat ever....., only use all media for marketing purpose)
  • Active Forum members (like they days here on battlefield.com with BF3/BF4) that don't close down Topic`s for own benifit, or ban/close down theards of users with there opion/comments. (if following quide lines ofc)
  • Re-Open of BUG`s Topic (dont leave it close, its there for)
  • PREMIUM Maps with a desent path of releaseing update/maps and END game (like BF3/B4)
  •  DEV`s should be always present of battlefield.com. to report, respone and help on bug/fixes.
  • Balancer, bud we can fix ower own on own servers.
  • Punkbuster?
  • I`ll keep it short..can go on all day so it stop for now.
And mybe,  I say mybe the community will return, if not the next battlefield fail/and it`s all over.
Message 7 of 19 (3,255 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey there@Huskii96

You are right , I started playing BFv since April 2020 during quarantine I fell in love with this game and hopefully the new ps5 will support the servers so I’m going to stay for at least 1-2 years more !

Message 8 of 19 (3,225 Views)

★★★ Guide
@45jgq67ui
Yes, need restore old school system with bots. #BF2 #BFVIETNAM #BF1942 #BF1242. Because is good play with bots. I am play in BF2 because have BOTS system (II) Change Team/Number Bots/Hart/Maps is good. If they really need money, then at least they will do it like a DLC.
#RESTOREOLDSCHOOLSYSTEM #BACKBOTSSYSTEM #NEEDBOTS
Message 9 of 19 (3,164 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know I shouldn't compare BF to COD, but hey, one reason COD sells well is because they have offline custom match bot support! And it comes with every COD game from day 1! While BF only offers a campaign with really dumb AI & no replay value. And hey, doesn't anybody remember in BFV when you drove on ice for 50 seconds in Nordlys, BOOOORRRING. Offline players don't want that boring campaign formula, we want to experience Battlefield moments with bots since it can be done. Battlefront ii did it, and the DICE devs expanded on that mode along with the MP. I recommend to BF players who have not played Battlefront ii that they give it a shot, Battlefront ii is really cheap and the fact that you can play conquest with bots that actually PTO in that game offline and customize your match is amazing. I do hope DICE listens, since they listened to our Battlefront community when we said #SOLOPLAYERSMATTER for 4 years straight!

#RESTOREOLDSCHOOLSYSTEM #BACKBOTSSYSTEM #NEEDBOTS 

Message 10 of 19 (3,106 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help