BATTLEFIELD 6 Should Include Servers Without Aim Assist (Hardcore / Normal)

by Popa2caps

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 6 Shouldn't Have Aim Assist!

★★★ Apprentice

just make put it on it's own server?

Message 11 of 27 (1,005 Views)

Re: Battlefield Aim Assist Discussion

★★★ Newbie

Are you nuts? in which universe does aim assist work well in warzone? there are different type of settings, precision softly kicks in when nearly missing the target and focusing kicks in when narrownly missing target and I don't know why but they act as magnets that lock on target, softly-tracking your opponents movement when you don't move the sticks.. if your target is jumping to dodge some bullets that won't make any difference. These features that allow you to hit all your shots shouldn't be available on a one-life mode like BR, specially with a very low TTK.
i get between 10 and 15 kills per game with MnK, and only 5 with a controller, but ive never play console or controller in my life, so if a complete controller potato like me can manage to get 5 kills can you imagine that feature on players who are used to it?
There is also a problem with cronus, redragon and other adapters that gives aim assist to MnK and those are undetectable. Don't forget about virtual remapping software that make the game think you are on controller while you are on MnK.

Message 12 of 27 (827 Views)

Re: Battlefield Aim Assist Discussion

★★★ Expert

Cant get fully rid of it. We would murder everyone on PC 

Message 13 of 27 (769 Views)

★ Pro

I have played the Battlefield series mostly on consoles and have never had an experience with aim assist in this series where I've thought that having it on has given me an advantage.  If anything I have done more complaining about how the aim assist that is supposed to be helping me is a huge hindrance as it is yanking and pulling my aim away from what I am trying to shoot at.  Also when trying to shoot one target that is near another that might be moving past it, the aim assist can't figure out what to do and often pulls toward the undesired enemy.  The only console Battlefield game where the aiming seemed natural to me was Bad Company 2.  There was aim assist in this game but I don't remember ever feeling like something else was controlling my aim for me.  Which is what I prefer.  

If the new game can run on my PC without major hardware upgrades.  I will probably end up playing BF6 there with M/KB so I don't have to deal with aim assist settings that never give me what I want in game.   

Message 14 of 27 (757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Skill4Reel wrote:

I have played the Battlefield series mostly on consoles and have never had an experience with aim assist in this series where I've thought that having it on has given me an advantage.  If anything I have done more complaining about how the aim assist that is supposed to be helping me is a huge hindrance as it is yanking and pulling my aim away from what I am trying to shoot at.  Also when trying to shoot one target that is near another that might be moving past it, the aim assist can't figure out what to do and often pulls toward the undesired enemy.  The only console Battlefield game where the aiming seemed natural to me was Bad Company 2.  There was aim assist in this game but I don't remember ever feeling like something else was controlling my aim for me.  Which is what I prefer.  

If the new game can run on my PC without major hardware upgrades.  I will probably end up playing BF6 there with M/KB so I don't have to deal with aim assist settings that never give me what I want in game.   

To be fair, there was a time in early BF1 where Auto Rotation, especially on sniper rifles, was rediculous. Get in the sweet spot and it was L2/R2 for the win! 

Beyond that though, I agree with what you say. 

Message 15 of 27 (750 Views)

The thing with aim assist is how much of problem it is can really vary.  As above with one shot weapons it's silly and that period of BF1 half my deaths were Martini Henry.

Bfv worked perfectly well without it and it should have stayed that way because no/limited health regen makes those quick L2 R2 hits much more damaging. Even if you survive with the relatively fast ttk the next engagement with 50% health means respawn screen.

Message 16 of 27 (716 Views)

★ Guide

I’ve played both with and without, only on console though. 

COD had a way stronger aim assist. For people being introduced to the game I think it’s a good thing. 

If you don’t like it; turn it off. 

Message 17 of 27 (674 Views)

I don't think official servers would be necessary - proper (full) customization of Community Games should solve most problems

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 18 of 27 (640 Views)

@c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x Can I turn it off for other players?

I'm not against some help for new players on low rank introductory servers but after that people should aim for themselves. Playing BF1 and only the idiot scouts are using scoped sniper rifles, everyone else is just L2 R2 (it is obvious) with infantry variants.

As I said in my previous post if aim assist is in the game with one shot sweet spot guns (BF1) or much quicker ttk (V) it becomes much stronger.

And forget hardcore like this thread has been edited to, who wants to die to a camper getting ohk'd in the foot with a sniper rifle.
Message 19 of 27 (601 Views)

★★ Guide

@A_al_K_pacino_A wrote:
@c-s-t-r-i-n-i-xCan I turn it off for other players?

the idiot scouts 

Hey man, I've got feelings you know? True they're buried beneath vast amounts of rolling fat and hair but they're still there.

Message 20 of 27 (568 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help