Re: Battlefield 6 Rumours

by CarbonCarl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 6 Rumours

★★ Novice

Please ea just do some thing about this. I LOVE the battlefield titles and have clocked multiple days into bf4. I need bf6 to be on previous gen consoles so I can play with my dad. (Also a gamer) and we can’t get 2 series x’s as we are lucky to have one. Consider working for gameplay instead of graphics or make a normal and next gen version of the game similar to call of duty cold wars approach. Thank you in advance if you at least consider this. Good wishes to all at the EA studios team. Make my wish happen and see you on the battlefield, goodbye.

Message 1 of 22 (2,300 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Porkchop08718 thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community.

I will pass it on to the team.

I'd recommend keeping an eye here for further updates: https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 22 (2,274 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Porkchop08718 thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community.

I will pass it on to the team.

I'd recommend keeping an eye here for further updates: https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 22 (2,275 Views)

Hero

Have moved this post to Battlefield General Discussion. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 22 (2,255 Views)

★★ Guide

As much as I can appreciate the OP's sentiment I'm going with "no". I don't want the game released for ps4. I'd rather have a version built for ps5/series x and upwards when it comes to pc. With that said, I'm still waiting to buy a ps5 - but I can wait.

Message 4 of 22 (2,242 Views)

Hero

@fisknyllet17 wrote:

As much as I can appreciate the OP's sentiment I'm going with "no". I don't want the game released for ps4. I'd rather have a version built for ps5/series x and upwards when it comes to pc. With that said, I'm still waiting to buy a ps5 - but I can wait.

Hopefully we've got some time to source a new console before it comes out - they're like gold dust right now.

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 22 (2,240 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm one of the lucky ones with a PS5 so I guess my stance is a little biased but I think BF6 should really focus on next-gen. It's easy to say now but even if I only had my ps4 I would begrudgingly have to wait -- I never bought the ps4 version of Cyberpunk...)

Cross generational play will only hinder the game in my opinion; if my ps4 and ps5 could barely handle V I don't see why it would fare much better with extra players. If they reduced the numbers like what happened with BF3 vs PC, the maps wouldn't be proportionate.

Draw distance, animations, and other assets I can only assume will get nerfed on previous consoles (thats if they don't outright downgrade everything to make it even across the board).

Maybe I'm just overthinking it - I really want BF6 to shine

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 6 of 22 (2,215 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@TTZ_Dipsy I think you’re right, the generation leap between old and new is just far too big. Dice would have to cut the game in half to make it work on last gen imo.

I will play on PC so it doesn’t really matter to me but if they’re gonna really push the game then it has to be a next gen only focus.
Message 7 of 22 (2,186 Views)

★★★ Novice

Why can't they have it for a PS4 as well as I don't know if I will have a ps5 before they release the new game which I love play as I've been playing it since the first one came out. I don't want to have to miss out on this one too o have to start playing half way through the season as that's so crap as it makes it ten time harder and not as enjoyable to play as getting killed cos everyone is so far ahead of me. 

Message 8 of 22 (2,017 Views)

★★★ Expert

Hope you guys can both get a series x and have some BF fun together 

Message 9 of 22 (2,010 Views)

★★★ Guide

I really hope DICE will focus on gameplay more than graphics this time, making it available for a wider audience with including older (last gen.) consoles.

To me at least its more about gameplay and ease of access than super graphics "oh look, I can see my face in the mirror" can you honestly say you run around in a TDM watching

effects more than trying to kill someone/staying alive ?

I honestly have no clue how hard it would be to code the game for more than one type of console/generation but hope they try to make it available for a wider audience.

Message 10 of 22 (1,982 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help