Battlefield 6 Class concept

by Teal_Pipo_Fredo

Original Post

Battlefield 6 Class concept

★★ Guide

Hi! I want to share skeleton concept of what I would like to see as soldier class system in Battlefield 6. This is based on assuming that next game takes place in modern times.

Assault: Assault rifles/Battle rifles

•Utility gadget slot 1: Ammo supplies

•Utility gadget slot 2: Ropes and ziplines

•Lethal gadget slot: Under-barreled grenade launchers

Medic: Light machine guns/Squad automatic weapons

•Utility gadget slot 1: Health supplies

•Utility gadget slot 2: Revive tools

•Lethal gadget slot: Anti-vehicle traps

Engineer: Personal defense weapons/Shotguns

•Utility gadget slot 1: Repair & Fortifications tools

•Utility gadget slot 2: Respawn beacon

•Lethal gadget slot: Anti-material launchers

Special Forces: Carbines

•Utilility gadget slot 1: Bodyarmor supplies

•Utility gadget slot 2: Target guidance tracking tools

•Lethal gadget slot: Saboteur charges

Recon: Designated marksman rifles/Sniper rifles

•Utility gadget slot 1: Spotting tools

•Utility gadget slot 2: Disinformation and counter-intelligence devices

•Lethal gadget slot: Mortar strikes

Message 1 of 51 (2,157 Views)

Re: Battlefield 6 Class concept

Hero
@Teal_Pipo_Fredo Nice ideas. I'm not quite sure about the body armour supplies though, it's just a bit too BR for me, but that's personal preference of course, or you might just envision it working in a different way to how I am. How would you implement it out of interest?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 51 (2,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@ElliotLH Everyone could come up equipped with default bodyarmor which adds minor hitpoint boost for everyone when they spawn in. Once you have taken damage, your bodyarmor doesn't auto-regenerate back like health points would in core preset of previous Battlefield games. Bodyarmor could be resupplied back from these supply boxes or specific armor supply stations or Unit leader/Commander supply drops. It would basically be another layer of depth to how hitpoints are handled

Message 3 of 51 (2,127 Views)

Hero
@Teal_Pipo_Fredo Thanks for the explanation. That's what I had in my head. While I still have reservations, I can definitely see that being of interest to lots of players, and my opinion about it doesn't really matter at the end of the day anyway.

Good list though and I'm really in to some of these changes. If DICE reworked the class role system they had planned for BFV initially for BF6 it'd probably be similar to your suggestions.

Message 4 of 51 (2,112 Views)

★★ Pro
@Teal_Pipo_Fredo Generally, I like the idea of reworking the class system and adding another class. However, I don´t agree with some of your specifice ideas like giving the medic anti vehicle equipment. With health/revive abilities the class is good enough already.
I don´t like the idea of body armour. Trying to balance this with the weapon damage just doesn´t work in my head. Increasing the TTK in a BR does make sence, but not in a standard Battlefield gamemode.
Message 5 of 51 (2,114 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Hey @Teal_Pipo_Fredo

Great ideas, but I too am not sure about body armor. I feel Battlefield is in a good place when it comes to TTK and adding armor could unbalance things imo.

The other thing I would personally like to see removed is fortifications, It’s just a feature I didn’t really enjoy nor see a real benefit from.

But yes, great ideas!
Message 6 of 51 (2,113 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi! Reason why I felt giving each class anti-vehicle/anti-material gadget as a lethal equipment is that when playing as any of them, they wouldn't feel 'out of touch' with vehicle warfare which should be greater part of Battlefield experience in my opinion. If player counts and map sizes increases, I hope the game would support higher vehicle counts too. Some of the older Battlefield games used to have rather similar class philosophy.

Medic with their anti-tank mines and similar trap-like explosives would still take rather passive role in anti-vehicle combat in contrast to Engineer and Special Forces kits. Assault and Recon can support these two with grenade launchers and mortar strikes.

Sorry, I am not a person of logic but rather the principle. If bodyarmor is hard to balance then I understand why more logical person would think it doesn't have a place in meta. It's why I don't like to argue about specific values 😅

Message 7 of 51 (2,091 Views)

[ Edited ]

I like the idea of more dedicated builds - I think it could drastically change the landscape of the game more than having the ability to do little bits of everything.

We had flak damage reduction in BF4 so body armor isn't too far out of the realm of possibility but I too think it could lead to problems down the line (although I really enjoyed it in Firestorm).

I was hesitant when it came to fortifications at first but ended up really enjoying them; I hope they get better transitions and have more variants in BF6

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 8 of 51 (2,088 Views)

Hero

To be fair all classes having an anti-vehicle gadget seems a pretty sensible idea. If you're playing Medic in BFV, for example, you don't really have any gadgets like this (unless you're using the M28 of course).

Message 9 of 51 (2,076 Views)

I love always having a chance to deal some damage to a tank as a medic but with self and auto repair, it's almost pointless.

That said, we could get a real good discussion going on if only supports or the tankers could heal vehicles from the outside

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 10 of 51 (2,060 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help