Original Post

Re: BF6 CTE

★★★★★ Expert

I hope it does cause DICE cannot QA these games on their own anymore

Message 11 of 20 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm kinda hoping for a game that probably can't really have a CTE.

Hoping for something DICE has never really pulled off. A true live service game. A game where stats, bugs with achievements, dogtags and currency + other weird rewards do not get in the way. A game where the engine is robust enough that when something goes wrong not too many things break. I want the developers to daily tweak weapon balance, vehicle balance, map balance, ALL THE BALANCES and then WHEN somethings breaks it's fine, they'll tweak and fix it further the next day until it's right. Does a developer think some extra cover in a certain part of a map is going to improve things? - add it, test it for a couple of days. Have a half finished map? Test it, if people fall through the map it will be fun!

That's what I think could be fun, have not really played something like so will be hard to tell. One thing I do know is that it will get a lot of complaints; from people having their favorite weapon nerfed or their favorite map having a house added where they like to camp with their tank. Will probably also be hard to do on consoles do to Sony and Microsoft QA needing to approve any patches.

In short, if things are going to break make it into a fun feature.

carbonic signature

Message 12 of 20 (883 Views)

★ Pro

More frequent changes, is still far better than waiting 1 years for a DLC/bug fix that does not fix anything looking at you revive trap in BF2.

Message 13 of 20 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Nevaargh wrote:

OMFG NO!  Daily tweaks and changes is THE worst idea EVER in the history of * ideas!  From what I am reading, Ya'll will never be satisfied until you have a * HOMERMOBILE!  Live Service, Currency, Trophies, * like that have NO PLACE in Battlefield. 

Call the next game anything you want but it will NEVER be Battlefield again.

Whilst I agree that this could lead to frequent changes due to the whims of the vocal minority that week, the ability to FIX genuinely broken aspects is desirable.

Any change should be given a minimum amount of time before a change is even co template in order for it to 'bed in'.

BFV saw too many 'knee *' changes reversions. 

Message 14 of 20 (847 Views)

@UP_Hawxxeye wrote:

I hope it does cause DICE cannot QA these games on their own anymore

@UP_Hawxxeye indeed in fact that was the very reason DICE created the very first CTE in BF4 after its launch woes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 15 of 20 (802 Views)

I had an absolute blast taking part in the BF1 CTE (most notable find was "reseting" your health for the Reaper achievement/challenges) and would love to see it make a return.

I don't think anything official has been said about live service or not but we'll just need to wait and see

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 16 of 20 (783 Views)

@TTZ_Dipsy I'd prefer if CTE wasn't permanent and was only up to test specific things for a certain time period like Fallout76's PTS does. I say this because I saw some people abandon the commercial game entirely in BF1 and only play CTE.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 17 of 20 (764 Views)

★ Pro

CTE didn't do anything really noteworthy.  

IT didn't prevent major bugs from getting into BF1 and staying there for a long time.  

And, as was said, most just were on it to check out new stuff.  That's it.  

And many got turned off because the maps were just grey in some cases.  

What they really need and I think they have acknowledged this was a problem, is the ability to easily make changes to maps/weapons/vehicles/systems/etc.   This wasn't very doable, at least in some cases,  with the old engine/tech.

But I agree with those who said having constant changes would be a nightmare.  When things change too much then it can be too much to keep track of and be a major turnoff.  

Message 18 of 20 (741 Views)

Dude I loved the look of the whitebox maps, honestly wish I could make that a setting in RSP. They were goofy, sure, but the people complaining went out of their way to ignore the fact those tests were about terrain and weapon testing.

CTE needs to be smaller scale and invite only imo - go back to their original idea of the "mode".

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 19 of 20 (707 Views)

★ Expert

In BF1 the CTE did nothing noteworthy for the game.

People complained about map-design and other things but Dice didn't listen and released some really bad maps (especially the last DLC), even though people complained about the maps having issues (conquest assault).

They had some attrition-like testing that didn't get in BF1 though and if they use the CTE for that kind of stuff then it can perhaps be ok.

Testing maps / gadgets was often not more than a 'preview' for members of the CTE.

Message 20 of 20 (699 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help