battlefield bad company 2 (connection to the server has been lost)

by kostaspuk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield bad company 2 (connection to the server has been lost)

★ Novice

Greetings, I bought battlefield bad company 2, 3 weeks ago.i have ps3 and i buy it from psn,(digital ver).i download the game.the campaing runs smoothly, but the main problem is the multiplayer,from the day i bought it,i start to play multiplayer but after 5 min the server kicks me from the game in every game,i have really good internet connection (100 wireles).i dont know whats happening plz respond quick i need help.

Message 1 of 14 (14,225 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: battlefield bad company 2 (connection to the server has been lost)

Community Manager

Hi, from what I can see things are back to normal now, are you still seeing these issues today?

Thanks for the posts. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 14 (13,135 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Please check if BFBC2 is in the exception list of your antivirus/firewall software. You can try to check the game while your protection software is disabled.

Check the online ports of your modem:
TCP: 18390, 18390, 18395, 18395, 13505, 13505 
UDP: 18395, 18395

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Check and update your PunkBuster software. It could be that the PB service crashing your game without an error message.

Please let us know if the issue is solved or still exist.

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 14 (14,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Well,I checked the game with my firewall disable,nothing happens only the same thing but ,I didn't try to port forward those specific ports,I went to the website (www.portforward.com) I send the details of my router because its a new model and right now I am waiting to contact me so they can help me to open ports for battlefield I will contact you for more information.:how can I update punk buster on ps3?

Message 3 of 14 (14,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i have the same problem today 22/11/2017 been like it all day in the past week it been crashing on me and now i have lost everything and it saying that i am just rank 1 but i am rank 44 any help from anyone plz on this problem am on the PS3 ????

Message 4 of 14 (11,637 Views)

Community Manager

@GoldDigga-UK Thanks for the post. Have the disconnections stopped for you? We've seen stability return to normal recently and hopefully this is helping you too. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 14 (11,628 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nov.22, 2017  The BFBC2 server (OldMenGaming), that  we play on is as well having all these problems. We know it's not the server problem as we've been having login problems onto EA to play or pick server from list also. We all play PC version. This just started two days ago. this has the same feeling as VC2 had when EA started to monkey with the servers. I've been playing BFBC2 for many years, been playing EA games for fourteen years so I'm not new to this.

Message 6 of 14 (11,622 Views)

★ Apprentice
I've found that Avast anti virus is a big problem for gamers. If you have it installed go for a different anti virus. Even though you've disabled it you'll find that there's still problems.
Message 7 of 14 (11,600 Views)

★ Apprentice
It's the EA servers, they won't allow logins.
Message 8 of 14 (11,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

just checked five minutes ago, it must be a ea problem. it says "unable to login to ea". i checked with punkbuster this morning, they said they'd get back to me, thought to ask them to see if it could be a punk buster problem, but as of right now it seems to be ea.
i hope they fix this soon.

[Edit: Caps Lock removed]

Message 9 of 14 (11,585 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, from what I can see things are back to normal now, are you still seeing these issues today?

Thanks for the posts. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 14 (13,136 Views)