all servers are down.

by FirstMajorRUSSIA

Original Post

Re: all servers are down.

★★★★★ Novice

Hi David,

Thank you for your updates to all the current BC2 topics.

The issue here is, lots of PC gamers of course play on their favourite servers or game modes / maps.

Currently there are just a handful servers from one hosting provider only available in the server browser: Unfortunately the largest and most popular gaming communities are not hosting their servers with this particular provider. 

Message 11 of 19 (1,468 Views)

★ Novice

This all I can see (see attached)

There are some very popular ones missing, where is:

Banana Republic - Arica Harbor

Old Men Gaming - Harvest Day

Others I can't quite recall right now.

Message 12 of 19 (1,462 Views)

★★★ Novice

13 server now

Message 13 of 19 (1,433 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Like I wrote earlier above,

only one provider got access to the required EA backend and all others are still left out.

Therefore plenty of well known servers are missing, be it in the plain vanilla or vietnam modes.

Such as the STRATEGO servers and other well administrated servers are missing, not just a 24/7 arica, which is totally banana btw. ... hehehe, but that does not belong to this discussion. 

Message 14 of 19 (1,398 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the posts. Any examples of affected missing servers, their locations, and their providers, would be very helpful. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 15 of 19 (1,337 Views)

★★★ Novice

my server, )T( Trauma Unit Seattle is missing.  Has been not showing for a week now.  Located in Seattle WA. Server provider is nfoservers.com  They have emailed EA for a fix and I email them daily with hope that you will get back to them.  It would appear that the server provider i3d.net has a solution cause their servers on visible.  Why the favoritism?  How about sharing the solution with all the other server providers?

Message 16 of 19 (1,309 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There has been a general information flow in between some providers by now, which results into the fact that most fav servers should return online.

It still remains an "issue" so to speak, why only i3D.net has been informed accordingly. Most likely this question will never be answered here, but I assume we all can be happy by now about most servers being or coming back to the server browser within the next couple hours.

Message 17 of 19 (1,300 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So now David probably went on leave as no one is replying anymore, how nice. Only one admin assigned to BC2?
Message 18 of 19 (1,290 Views)

EA DICE Team

Heya, everything looks to be back to normal for BFBC2 all servers are showing.

I will be closing this thread as resolved.

If this issue happens again for you, create a new topic and tag me in it. Standard smile

Thank you!

Message 19 of 19 (1,183 Views)