[Issue] - BFBC2 VIP maps missing on Gen3 consoles

by domrol

Original Post

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 ps3 problem only 4 maps, the other disappeared

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same issue!! Where has all the maps gone. Tried reinstalling, power cycling and still there was an issue. Why would the levels just be deleted!!!
Message 91 of 155 (2,305 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey guys,

this thread was not abandoned nor does anyone leave you standing in the rain on purpose.

Yes, this is a known issue that is under investigation. If there are updates, rest assured I will update this thread.

The thing about an ETA or an assumption when this will be fixed is the following: If I tell you this issue will be fixed within a week and it isn't, it doesn't help you or anyone. I can only communicate valid confirmed information. Everything else is possibly bound to cause more frustration.

Also, as commented on in the "solution" the issue remains unresolved, the post is marked as solution only for visibility purpose.

I wish I had any more updates at the moment, but I can only deliver facts - thank you for your patience.

Have a great day!

- Joker

Message 92 of 155 (2,276 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_JokerCan you at least tell us if EA have an intention to fix this issue? The fact that it's been going on for weeks is one thing but not knowing if this game will ever be playable again is another. Without the VIP maps the game is a shadow if it's former self. I would like to see an "official" statement from EA on what the actual issue is, what they have done so far and the setps they are taking to remedy the situation. Can you help provide that?

Message 93 of 155 (2,215 Views)

BFBC website not working

★★★ Newbie

SHAME on EA

For several months people are complaining,me incl., about missing maps on BFBC2 online gaming.

SHAME cause you haven't took the effort to resolve these problems while still charging people money for additional maps and packages.

SHAME if it is a server problem not worth your time, too difficult, or the game being to old. (don't forget it is a OLD TIME CLASSIC well appreciated by hardcore shooter fans)

SHAME if the game is being hacked and EA can't clear that issue. (there are weird things going on in BFBC2 online)

SHAME on EA for totally neglecting and ignoring true and loyal gamers who spend a fair bit of money and time (and still are) on BFBC2

SHAME for not replying or giving a update on the status.

a very disappointed and loyal gamer MESTREECH69 

Message 94 of 155 (2,083 Views)

Re: [Issue] - BFBC2 VIP maps missing on Gen3 consoles

★★★ Newbie

probably he meant laguna alta

Message 95 of 155 (2,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem in xbox 360, I noticed I did not have vip maps a few days ago and my first assumption was EA shot down the servers from those maps, I tried to re install the vip code dlc and nothing happened. I really really want to play again in those maps but after I read all of this, I assume they will be down forever since this is a very old game and they (EA) are more focused on new games.. I will still playing basic maps but I would love to play again in vip maps, I really miss them

Saludos desde México, a very big BC2 fan 

Message 96 of 155 (2,097 Views)

Re: BFBC website not working

EA Community Manager

Hey @mestreech69,

there's actually a thread pinned on this board regarding that exact issue you're describing where this occurrence has been acknowledged by me - I'll merge your post in there so you'll be up to date and informed whenever there's more information regarding that matter.

Cheers.

Message 97 of 155 (2,074 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi everyone this is my 3rd post and yes this is getting very annoying now,bfbc2 is not so good anymore with just the basic maps.but don't get me wrong its still a great game to play and still one of the best out there but I have a bad feeling that this is the way they are slowly getting rid of ps3 servers so we all have to bend over and buy a ps4.which I certainly wont be doing anytime soon.but I do hope the lost maps are put back on soon.i guess its just a case of wait and see.but keep playing everyone you never know what may be round the corner.

Message 98 of 155 (2,016 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For the attention of EA and their employees

Dear EA,

Maybe if EA/Dice were to announce their intention to release Bad Company 3, then those who have yet to buy a PS4/Xbox One might seriously consider making the transition (if their finances allow).

People would do it despite having to pay to play online IN ADDITION to broadband/cable and telephone charges, etc.  Oh and then there's the price of the games (new PS3 and Xbox 360 games were typically £39.99 but they are are now £5 to £10 dearer).

How about lowering prices now the PS4 and Xbox One have been out for years!?

'Calling for change for the people'.

TheUnderwoods

Martin and Christine

Message 99 of 155 (1,878 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just adding a post to let people know it's missing on PS3 for me as well.

NA Region, BFBC2 veteran with all DLC's installed and up to date. 

Message 100 of 155 (1,692 Views)