How to link the game from Steam?

by TrianglyRU

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to link the game from Steam?

★★ Novice

Hi! I bought the game in Steam about 1 or 2 years ago and linked it to my Origin account, but I do not have the game in the library. How can I get the game in there without buying it again?
Hope for the right answer, thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (2,192 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to link the game from Steam?

Hero (Retired)

@TrianglyRU

As I understand, you activated product code for Battlefield Bad Company 2 Steam version in your Origin, right? Have you tried to activate the product code in Origin again?

Also, I recommend to contact EA support so they could help you with this and perhaps add the game to your Origin Account:  How to contact EA support

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,674 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@TrianglyRU

As I understand, you activated product code for Battlefield Bad Company 2 Steam version in your Origin, right? Have you tried to activate the product code in Origin again?

Also, I recommend to contact EA support so they could help you with this and perhaps add the game to your Origin Account:  How to contact EA support

Message 2 of 7 (2,675 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @TrianglyRU,

as @IIPrest0nII mentioned you should be able to retrieve your product code on Steam and then enter it on Origin to activate the game on your EA account as well. Just launch Origin and select "Origin - Redeem product code".

Message 3 of 7 (2,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
When I bought the game I used this code right in-game (Steam). When I try to use this code in Origin, it says something like "This code has been used". @EA_Joker
Message 4 of 7 (2,143 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TrianglyRU That's strange, As far as I know, Origin should accept the product code for BFBC2 from Steam. Have you tried to activate your code in your Customer Portal?

https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/redemption/index

Message 5 of 7 (2,138 Views)

★★ Novice

Just tried to do this, it gives me the same error.

Message 6 of 7 (2,125 Views)

Hero (Retired)

In that case I'd recommend to contact EA support as I said above Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (2,114 Views)