Re: Connection Error Multiplayer

by guikz42

Original Post

Connection Error Multiplayer

★★★ Newbie

Hi

So I bought bfbc2 2 days ago and played a little bit of singleplayer, eventually I got bored and went multiplayer. I typed my e-mail adress, my password, my serial key. But it showed me an error saying that a connection error accured, if this happen during account creation press cancel and then log in with your new account. Every time I enter my serial key it shows me that message. I tried creating a new EA account, but still the same message. Somebody help!

Message 1 of 7 (1,295 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

PC version, right?

You purchased your license via Origin, Steam or retail?

Message 2 of 7 (1,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I purchased it through G2A. So retail.

Message 3 of 7 (1,256 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Seems to me like your game is blocked to access the EA servers for login / authentication purposes. 

Two things to check: 

- make sure to launch the game running the 'BFBC2Updater.Exe' to assure the latest build being installed

- running any software tools like firewall or combined antivirus/firewall packages? check that your game executable 'BFBC2Game.Exe' is entitled to communicate to the public 

Message 4 of 7 (1,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How about via steam ?

Message 5 of 7 (1,213 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Tried launching via the .exe file, but it didn't work. Some error code popped up. I have the exact same problem as OP, and bought it via Steam. Any help/advice would be appreciated
Message 6 of 7 (1,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So... i have the same issue than i saw some dude telling to install origin and active the code for the game via origin and it work ! But now i have some issues were the game out no were exits the multiplayer... hope it helps !

Message 7 of 7 (1,142 Views)