Battlefield bad company 2: key already in use

by jcbeer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield bad company 2: key already in use

★★★ Newbie

I recently changed computers and added steam and re-downloaded bad company 2, when I login and put in my registration code I receive a message saying that it is already in use. Is there anything I could do for this?

Message 1 of 11 (40,357 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield bad company 2: key already in use

EA Community Manager

I'll close the thread, since it is from 2016. 

If you encounter this issue, make sure you are logging in with the EA account the game was registered to. If that hasn't happened, redeem the steam code in Origin to apply it to your account.

Should that not resolve your issue, please do reach out to an EA Advisor.

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (25,948 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi!

Yes, you need to reset the code. Please contact a game advisor and they can solve it for you.

GAME ADVISOR: https://help.ea.com/contact-us.

Timmie

Message 2 of 11 (40,143 Views)

★★★ Novice

When it asks about what game it says Battlefield Bad Company 2 doesn't even exist! Seriously EA sort your customer support out or just let Steam do all your PC stuff cause face it nobody uses origin for exactly this reason. Your customer support is awful.

Message 3 of 11 (39,821 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i can't get into the game , having same problem and when i try to contact customer support it won't let me.

Message 4 of 11 (39,770 Views)

★ Novice

I can see it on the list here:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/select?question=randomtext

Then click the 'I still need help' button and 'chat now' button.

Best of luck Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 5 of 11 (39,764 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is by far the worst technical service ever. I have been on an estimated 5 minute wait for 20 mins.

Message 6 of 11 (39,374 Views)

★★★ Novice

WOW!!!

Check out this awesome technical service....

Adam: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Adam. How may I assist you today?
you: Wow,.. that estimated under 5 minute wait was over 20 mins....
Adam: Sorry about the wait time.
Adam: May I have your name and email please?
you: My name is Kyle and my email is **********@hotmail.com. I have a legit copy of Bad Company 2 that was given to me by a friend that no longer plays the game. My friend also no longer has it installed on any PC nor does he even remember his account. When I go to install it, it says registration code is already in use. :/
Adam: Hi, Kyle. I am really sorry about the situation, But if your friend registered this in the past I am afraid that the key cannot be re used.
Adam: I apologize but in order to play you would need to purchase a copy of the game.
you: Well what kind of N*zi service is this? Your poor choice of SecuROM allows up to 10 installations.
Adam: That is correct but the game can only be registered once.
Adam: I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
you: By far the worst technical service ever.
Adam: I am sorry you feel that way but that is how every game company operates with pc games. Once it is registered it cannot be registered to another account.
you: Not true. Not how every game company operates. My friend is beside me maddened because he now knows that he cannot play the game that he already purchased if he wanted to. Thanks for the poor technical service and lies.
Adam: I am sorry we cannot be of more assistance with this, But Thanks for contacting EA Support and have a nice day!
The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.
You are not currently in a chat session.

Forwarded to the BBB.
Message 7 of 11 (39,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to search the game, there is a search box right above the games.

Message 8 of 11 (31,827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having same problem so I tried their online chat.

"Wait time: less than 5 minutes". 

So i  waited,.. and waited.  I waited 40 minutes, then finally a note popped up "Sorry there are no advisors available at this time".

What a bunch of total @rseholes!

Message 9 of 11 (30,394 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Really have to say this is about as a pathetic answer as trying to get a fix from no one at all, useless link that most have already tried before they even get this far, wow thanks for all youre help, USELESS

Message 10 of 11 (23,971 Views)