Battlefield Bad Company 2

by kaes87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield Bad Company 2

★★★ Novice
Hello,
Yesterday I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 at Origin sale. Unfortunately when I try to start multiplayer I have message like this: "You have lost connection with ea servers".
I was trying to solve it by: adding IN/OUT exception in Windows Firewall, updating/reinstaling the game / punk buster.
All in all i can't connect with multiplayer game.
Any solution?
Message 1 of 11 (3,750 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2

★★★ Novice

@IIPrest0nII

The Game works great! ;-)

I was completely uninstall BBC2, PunkBUster and Origin. Next I was delete manualy remains of these programs ( temp, program data, common files, roaming folders, registry, etc.). After this procedure I installed Origin, BBC2, then I wasdownloaded punkBuster from official PB site. Downloaded file I copied to my orogin game destination:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield Bad Company 2\pb

Next I ran this downloaded and copied file. PunkBuster has been updated. After update I was search Battlefield Bad Company game path - manualy and I click ADD GAME.

After this procedure I was go to services.msc, when I found PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB I changed their properties (running type - automaticly) and I ran these two rules.

Next I changed my antivirus/antimalware to disable. And Battlefield BC2 in multiplayer works fine!

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (5,743 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @kaes87

Try to reboot your Internet (Modem or Router) and Run Origin as Administrator. Also, please read these helpful articles:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/

https://help.ea.com/en/article/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

And if you have Antivirus, try to turn off it.

Message 2 of 11 (3,727 Views)

★★★ Novice

@IIPrest0nII Thank You for trying helping me. Unfortunately I have still the same problem ( I was trying all of Your solutions).

This is strange because I am playing also with Battlefield 3 ( origin) and the other mp games and I don't have problems with connection.

It's look like I bought only single player of BF BC2

Message 3 of 11 (3,715 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have you tried these tips:

Adding inbound and outbound exception in Windows Firewall
Disable Windows firewall
Disable Windows Defender
Connecting to the internet using the direct cable (not using modems or a switch)
Closing all apps that could use internet
Reinstalling the game
Updating the game
Updating punkbuster
Dismark auto login and remember password

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/24960/discussions/0/364041432730495891/

Message 4 of 11 (3,701 Views)

★★★ Novice

@IIPrest0nIII tried all of this things, but withour result.

Message 5 of 11 (3,695 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Some players report about  that connection issue solved by itself. But I advise you contact EA support for getting more information about this. Please open this link to learn How to contact EA support

Message 6 of 11 (3,681 Views)

★★★ Novice

@IIPrest0nII Thanks

Message 7 of 11 (3,675 Views)

★★★ Novice

@IIPrest0nII

The Game works great! ;-)

I was completely uninstall BBC2, PunkBUster and Origin. Next I was delete manualy remains of these programs ( temp, program data, common files, roaming folders, registry, etc.). After this procedure I installed Origin, BBC2, then I wasdownloaded punkBuster from official PB site. Downloaded file I copied to my orogin game destination:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield Bad Company 2\pb

Next I ran this downloaded and copied file. PunkBuster has been updated. After update I was search Battlefield Bad Company game path - manualy and I click ADD GAME.

After this procedure I was go to services.msc, when I found PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB I changed their properties (running type - automaticly) and I ran these two rules.

Next I changed my antivirus/antimalware to disable. And Battlefield BC2 in multiplayer works fine!

Message 8 of 11 (5,744 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@kaes87

I'm glad to hear that. I have marked your post as Solution for other players with similar problem. 

Thank you!

Message 9 of 11 (3,659 Views)

★ Novice

It did not work for me

Message 10 of 11 (3,228 Views)