Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam (Steam) Wont accept key - Unable to log

by IIPrest0nII

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam (Steam) Wont accept key - Unable to log in please try again

★★★ Newbie

Have tried unchecking remember password and deleting BFBC2 folder from my documents and still receiving unable to log in please try again after entering serial number supplied by steam .. It is driving me nuts!!!

Message 1 of 5 (6,001 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam (Steam) Wont accept key - Unable to log in please try again

Community Manager (retired)

Please get sure that you download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well). If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

If you still have issues with the validation of your game-key, you need to contact your retailer first. If your retailer can’t replace your invalid key, please contact EA-Support. Be prepared to verify your email address, date of birth or any other personally identifiable information on your account.

We don't support the STEAM service, if you have any issue with validating keys there, please contact STEAM-Support.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (6,943 Views)

All Replies

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam (Steam) Wont accept key - Unable to log in please try again

Community Manager (retired)

Please get sure that you download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well). If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

If you still have issues with the validation of your game-key, you need to contact your retailer first. If your retailer can’t replace your invalid key, please contact EA-Support. Be prepared to verify your email address, date of birth or any other personally identifiable information on your account.

We don't support the STEAM service, if you have any issue with validating keys there, please contact STEAM-Support.

Message 2 of 5 (6,944 Views)

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam (Steam) Wont accept key - Unable to log

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue where i cant login to my EA account on the game and i keep on getting the "unable to log in, please try again" message and i have tried installing origin and run the game direct from the folders but nothing seems to be working and im kinda p****d at this as i bought the game and now cant even get a refund (from steam because i played the singleplayer which was more the 2 hours long) also i tried to report this on the Contct EA page but that was to no avail and now im stating to think EA is a joke. All i want is to get my moneys worth and be able to play the multiplayer.

P.S why cant you email EA support like other games, its just it would be easier and you wouldnt have to rely on the community to help with problems.

Message 3 of 5 (5,611 Views)

★★ Novice

I have BF2BC2, which I purchased from Steam. I am having these same issues. Is it better to buy the game from Origin direct. Would it work better then or will I experience the same log-in problems?

Message 4 of 5 (4,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@I_am_Taras_Bulba wrote:

I have BF2BC2, which I purchased from Steam. I am having these same issues. Is it better to buy the game from Origin direct. Would it work better then or will I experience the same log-in problems?

@I_am_Taras_Bulba I think it would be better to have Battlefield Bad Company 2 in Origin since the game uses EA online services. I also have the game in Origin, never had problems with it.

So, if you have a problem with entering your product code in the game, please contact EA support or Steam support:

How to contact EA support

https://help.steampowered.com/en/

Now I'm closing this thread since necroposting is not allowed.

Message 5 of 5 (4,571 Views)