Bad Company 2 multiplayer isn't working

by DamianNewman929

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bad Company 2 multiplayer isn't working

★ Novice

I recently bought a used copy of Bad Company 2 for Xbox 360 which I'm playing on my Xbox One. The singleplayer is working but when I try to play multiplayer it says "YOUR GAMER PROFILE DOES NOT HAVE THE CORRECT PERMISSIONS TO ACCESS XBOX LIVE FUNCTIONALITY."

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5 (1,594 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bad Company 2 multiplayer isn't working

Community Manager

@DamianNewman929 

If you still need help with this try the steps below before launching the game again. If they fail to work, we recommend reaching out to Xbox Support as that is an Xbox related error message for your Microsoft account.

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Reboot the Network

1. Unplug the modem/router power for about 5 minutes to refresh the network. A fresh connection can help clear up most basic connectivity issues.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,517 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DamianNewman929 

Check to make sure you have an active Xbox Live Gold membership. If you're sharing an Xbox Live Gold membership on your console with your family, make sure it's set to allow other Gamertags to share it. 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,564 Views)

★ Novice

I'm able to play online on other games so I think I have an active Xbox Live Gold membership. Also I'm not sharing my Xbox Live Gold membership with anyone.

Message 3 of 5 (1,557 Views)

Community Manager

@DamianNewman929 

If you still need help with this try the steps below before launching the game again. If they fail to work, we recommend reaching out to Xbox Support as that is an Xbox related error message for your Microsoft account.

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Reboot the Network

1. Unplug the modem/router power for about 5 minutes to refresh the network. A fresh connection can help clear up most basic connectivity issues.
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,518 Views)

★ Novice

Let me divulge everything that happened for anyone reading who might have the same problem. I turned my Xbox on and it needed an update, so I let it download and apply and all that. Then I tried the power cycle solution you suggested, and then the multiplayer worked! Thanks!

Message 5 of 5 (1,506 Views)