Re: Bad Company 2 and Windows 10

by Dazzling-Mr-J

Original Post

★★ Novice

windows defender is screwing things up, disable it (google how to disable windows defender permanently) and then your game will run as it should. worked for me!

Message 21 of 28 (4,929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've had the problem of this game not working for some time, managed to fix it by deleting the game settings in /My Documents/BFBC2 (delete the whole BFBC2 folder), uninstalling the game completely, and re-installing the game and setting up the game to initially run at normal settings.  I have a GTX1080ti and a Ryzen processor, so naturally thought it might be the processor and graphics drivers, I was wrong.  It seems that if you have ever had the game installed in Windows before, the /My Documents/BFBC2 location for the game settings will sometimes mess up the game.  So give it a try, I have it set at max, with 2560x1080 resolution now, no crashes, no freezes in the game. Even with Fall Creators update of Windows 10!

I hope this helps!

Message 22 of 28 (24,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! 

This finally fixed my problem! My BFBC2 would start to launch go to the all white screen when its loading, then back to Oragin/desktop. Finally it loads and I was able to play after a year.

I DID NOT Delete and reinstall the game however. I deleted the folder in Documents, then restarted oragin and it worked!

Message 23 of 28 (3,919 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just uninstalled the game, re-installed to follow through a process until it worked.  Yes, if you just delete the game data folder it works! I am glad it sorted it for you too!

Message 24 of 28 (3,901 Views)

★★★ Novice

It has nothing to do with Anti-virus software, and in any case, I'd never disable software to keep me safe when I am playing single player, let alone multiplayer games.

Just delete the folder for the game stored in My Documents, it contains the config files for the game, when you re-start the game again, it will re-create the folder and the game will be at default settings, you can then adjust the quality/resolution settings from there and it will work once again!

Message 25 of 28 (3,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the bug lies in the configuration of the most recent WIndows 10 builds after 1709 so many players that had received automatic updates to 1809 were not able to launch BFBC2. I tried the fix in this video and that was all https://youtu.be/_LOUd0i5Wro

It launches the game; I didn't try this technique without Origin installed.

Message 26 of 28 (3,686 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You only experience issues with BC2 under Windows 10, if you had a previous operating system installed with the game and you just upgraded your PC to Windows 10.

Deleting /My Documents/BFBC2 as well removes all settings you made to your game in previous times. If you want to avoid that, simply follow this little post made to our forums earlier this year.

Bad Company 2 white screen under Windows 10

Message 27 of 28 (3,634 Views)

★★ Novice
@CIBThunderPantz I just deleted the folder in my documents and it fixed the issue ! Thanks !
Message 28 of 28 (1,244 Views)