Re: BFBC2 - Failed to login soldier.

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

★★★ Novice

They said a "disc array" failed. I'm assuming this is referring to some form of RAID array, either striped or just redundent. I'm not sure how EA does server hosting (do they host it themselves from their own offices, or pay monthly for their ISP to host?) but there HAS to be a backup, we really shouldn't even doubt it but there may still be a more serious issue complicating things.

Message 161 of 1,401 (2,207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
I dont care do they back it up or not I just whant to play on my email addres but at the moment the only acc i can use is my friend one and I dont whant to take it from him xd but to be honest i do think they have backup it is normal thing to have expecially for company like them.
Message 162 of 1,401 (2,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Frown
Message 163 of 1,401 (2,091 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Guys we are currently looking in to this issue and keep you updated as soon as we have more information.

Cheers

Basti

Message 164 of 1,401 (3,062 Views)

★★ Apprentice
If I correct it is second day now so do you have at last any information or not?
Message 165 of 1,401 (3,007 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hope its online soon... its the second day!

Message 166 of 1,401 (2,944 Views)

★★★ Novice

the message is:

we dont give a **** about games which have already been paid by the costumers!!

go and buy a new EA game!!!!

Message 167 of 1,401 (2,940 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It appears to be where your soldier data happened to be stored. I have a few toons, only one allows me in. I am unaware of how / where the server allocation is stored but it may have something to do with it.

If you are having issues try creating a new soldier using [ as the first character I.e. [newname] If this works you will be at least able to play while they sort it.

It appears as though a 3rd party hosting company had a catastrophic failure and EA is working with them to restore data. Until then be strong, the battlefield awaits your return!
Message 168 of 1,401 (2,927 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i already have the bf3....i was the first in greece who bought it.. (almost the first :-P ) there is no compare between bc2 and bf3....bc2 is the best online game ever...

Message 169 of 1,401 (3,373 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Man creating new soldier is also a issue it wont work or at last it does not work for me
Message 170 of 1,401 (3,379 Views)